My new build - Need help with ideas 2001 GMC Sierra 1500

A buddy of mine chimed in on this. He competes mostly in SPL contests in Southern Maine / New England.

"There are tons of options that will be good for your application; Any decent brand with a high SNR ( Signal to Noise Ratio: I always look for 90db or higher, most low end equipment will be in the 60-80 range) and match the output to the drivers being used. Because you don't want distortion too much power is better then too little. He should be able to use the amp as an active crossover if there are tweeters. 6.5s/8/10in round speakers are the best option in most cases. Normally you see tweets in the pillars but to each there own on that one. Some newer cars are coming with 6x9 as a "subwoofer" :hahano: so less than ideal configs are everywhere. As far as American Bass, it's more "made in China" stuff, but all kidding aside they can make some good amps. Most of them have an unbelievably small footprint. I personally prefer (for a mild setup) and for 'cheaper' high-end gear JL, but every major player will have some decent stuff. I strongly encourage you to find one that matches the RMS of your speakers, and work with the space that you have. American Bass might not be the best, but for the price and size they are pretty darn good. Some amps will have better parts in them but it's more down to a per model vs. per manufacturer until you get into the high end stuff."

Hey bro can you do me a favor? Can you measure from the edge of your fender to the face of your tire?
I am curious how much they stick out with that 10" rim + -19 (.74") offset. I also need to consider your backspace too.

Since my ride isn't lifted as high as yours, I think I might shoot for a 0 offset depending on that backspace.

First off i got my head unit in, works mint, really happy with it so far. Its a kenwood kdc-255U.... Second its hard for me to find a spot to measure because of the lack of a tape measure... and the fact that i have flares, and that my side wall lugs are huge. But from the rotor to the edge of the wheel its 8" so do that to yours and it should be what it will look like if im thinking correctly... the 1.5" mine is pushed out wont effect the measurement

yeah, I might do one over the summer, just couldn't stand not having any radio signal so now I can play music of my phone to

Sent via Glade Plug In

not sure, i might head down to Scarborough Saturday to wire / paint my entire frame... we will see, depends what my friends are up to