My new build - Need help with ideas 2001 GMC Sierra 1500

Ended up getting an American Bass Amp and VFL 8 sub recently, im going to have a friend build me a box/console i think. That will be this summer though. For now im going to hook it up to a ebay box or something and get some rockford fosgate punch 6.5 for the door speakers. i heard those were pretty great and i found some for a good price.

Yeah, and my dad said a tint shop owes him for a deal he gave them through his business. So that may be in the books as well.

Oh, and there is a scrap yard that has an 01 HD hood with peeling paint i could pick up for at the most $150... might be able to get him down less. Then there is a guy who posted a ad on cl. for a custom painted gmc with a cut hd hood so I asked him about it and he is a fab guy so im going to have him get me a quote on it. so that may be in the works :cheeky:

OoOh keep me posted. If it's super cheap, I might go that route.. although I do have a lot of fun doing it myself.
My time is valuable though, and there are plenty of other things to be working on instead of fabbing the hood.

Is he located in your neck of the woods?

OoOh keep me posted. If it's super cheap, I might go that route.. although I do have a lot of fun doing it myself.
My time is valuable though, and there are plenty of other things to be working on instead of fabbing the hood.

Is he located in your neck of the woods?
Nah hes down in york

doing some more led stuff. learning how to do the ac lights and such too do eventually. also tax money is in so I'm going to finish the audio stuff in the near future. And possibly tint
19196.jpg

Sent via Glade Plug In

Looking at yalls RCLB 4x4 makes me want one lol,
Love the trucks No1Limit & ITGuy have went through both yalls threads. great jobs.

thanks bros i'm making a list for what i need to do next. so far I have
- Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5 coaxials for the front doors, i'm going to skip on the rear ones for now
- Either build, have one built, or buy a box for my sub and hook it up
- Window tint, 5% rear and 15-20% sides
- Color match door handles and tailgate handle
- Color match current mirrors because i doubt ill be able to afford tows until after i graduate and get a jerb. other stuff is more important
- Would like to get nicer bucket seats once i get the sub box in
- MAYBE an hd hood if i can get it for a good price

thanks bros i'm making a list for what i need to do next. so far I have
- Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5 coaxials for the front doors, i'm going to skip on the rear ones for now
- Either build, have one built, or buy a box for my sub and hook it up
- Window tint, 5% rear and 15-20% sides
- Color match door handles and tailgate handle
- Color match current mirrors because i doubt ill be able to afford tows until after i graduate and get a jerb. other stuff is more important
- Would like to get nicer bucket seats once i get the sub box in
- MAYBE an hd hood if i can get it for a good price

Don't even bother with a rear speaker in the regular cab. I have Polk coaxials in mine, but I fade them all the way out because it sounds bad rig next to your ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry if they are sideways but I'm starting on the center console and sub set up. this is the main part of the console bolted to the middle seat brackets. the sub box is going on top of it. the amp is going in the console and I'm putting 2 6x9s going inside the console facing out towards the back. I'll update more tomorrow.
22025.jpg

22026.jpg

Sent via Glade Plug In

My new build - Need help with ideas 2001 GMC

just get 6 t-10 1/4 I think twist locks and whatever 194 5 led leds you want. super simple, takes 10 minutes if that. just make sure you have a battery charger ready because you need to have your vehicle in first to get it out and you have to have the key in

Sent via Glade Plug In