JSP's 2014 6.2 High Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the bulb socket on the new trucks? If its an h11 then I have a mod for you for a brighter halogen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You dont want LED heads, they arent there yet for a direct replacement. Yes its 2200 lumens, but I bet the drop off is very quick. You'll be out of light by the time your 30-40 feet in front of the truck.

You dont want LED heads, they arent there yet for a direct replacement. Yes its 2200 lumens, but I bet the drop off is very quick. You'll be out of light by the time your 30-40 feet in front of the truck.

The output is not bad it the halogen optics that make them suck. It's like hids in halogen optics.

It's h11

So no on LEDs? I'm iffy on HIDS for these new trucks. I already blew a damn fuse with the fogs. I don't wanna do that again. It's Cree LEDs.. Suposta be really good.

Sent from Tapashit

Cree does not mean shit if its not in a housing that is worth a damn. Its going to have glare. The housing is designed for a halogen bulb other bulbs do not sit in the same spot within the housing and will changed the way the light is reflected. This causes glare and bad output.

Cree does not mean shit if its not in a housing that is worth a damn. Its going to have glare. The housing is designed for a halogen bulb other bulbs do not sit in the same spot within the housing and will changed the way the light is reflected. This causes glare and bad output.

Glare like HIDS in a regular housing?

Sent from Tapashit

Cree is a "brand" name. Not a style, its like saying Kleenex or drywall.....its facial tissue and gypsum board. Cree was the first to use the higher power drivers and they were brighter so everyone copies it as a style.

Since your truck has the projectors, it wont be nearly as much glare as a halogen reflector, but it wont be as good as a true retro. Plus look at all the vehicles that have LED headlights, how many modules are they running? 4-6. Look at your moms escalde or whatever it is, it has 4 of them for headlights, and each module probably contains 3 drivers.

Yes but I forgot that you have oe halogen projectors. It will actually have an impact on the output more than glare.

It's h11

So no on LEDs? I'm iffy on HIDS for these new trucks. I already blew a damn fuse with the fogs. I don't wanna do that again. It's Cree LEDs.. Suposta be really good.

Sent from Tapashit
look up the h9 mod. the h11 bulbs are shit. I did this in my nnbs and it made worlds of difference. all you have to do is trim one of the plastic tabs in the socket for the bulb and it will fit.

Edit: here you go - http://udanis.com/h11-to-h9-headlight-conversion/

Shit.. I was really excited about the LEDs bc it would be less trouble IMO than HIDS but if they won't be worth a shit in my projectors then I guess I'll find a different alternative.

On the h9 conversion, do I just buy halogen h9 bulbs?

Sent from Tapashit

Shit.. I was really excited about the LEDs bc it would be less trouble IMO than HIDS but if they won't be worth a shit in my projectors then I guess I'll find a different alternative.

Sent from Tapashit

Just get h9 hids and mod them IMO

Sent from Tapashit

Sent from Tapashit
yea, and just trim the plastic tab out of the socket.

huh, good to know. i've been seeing people having good luck with LED's in the super duty lights (couple vendors on a forum i'm on sell them) so i was thinking about getting some. but after reading that i think ill pass.

huh, good to know. i've been seeing people having good luck with LED's in the super duty lights (couple vendors on a forum i'm on sell them) so i was thinking about getting some. but after reading that i think ill pass.

The guy on Gm-trucks that is about to sell them is still testing the set he has right now. He has a silverado with projectors just like me so I'm going to take all this information and wait until he give his final review to make my decision. Regaurdless, the lights suck ass. I miss my HIDS so much. Lol

Sent from Tapashit

I don't understand "all the trouble" of hids you talk about?
I've had the same pair of hids in my truck for 3yrs, run them on auto every single day. No relay. Never had a flicker issue or failed startup.

You need to
A. Quit buying janky kits
B. Quit doing janky installs.
You will have no issues.

Cough up some money for a good morimoto kit from TRS in 5k, sit back and enjoy

I don't understand "all the trouble" of hids you talk about?
I've had the same pair of hids in my truck for 3yrs, run them on auto every single day. No relay. Never had a flicker issue or failed startup.

You need to
A. Quit buying janky kits
B. Quit doing janky installs.
You will have no issues.

Cough up some money for a good morimoto kit from TRS in 5k, sit back and enjoy

This man speaks the truth

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

Yep. I loved my Morimoto kit. Wish I had the money for highs and lows. But my VVME kits work just as efficiently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using tapacrap

kinda thinking the same thing.

The other thing to remember when looking at those pictures is I bet 99% of the cameras people are using are in some form of an auto mode, where its exposing everything long enough to make it seem like they are super bright. This same thing happens when you take video of LED lighting, appears brighter because of fast aperture.

And modding h9 HID to fit an h11 is silly, since the actually bulb will be EXACTLY the same, the base is different. They all use the same tube and glass, just on a different base.

The other thing to remember when looking at those pictures is I bet 99% of the cameras people are using are in some form of an auto mode, where its exposing everything long enough to make it seem like they are super bright. This same thing happens when you take video of LED lighting, appears brighter because of fast aperture.

And modding h9 HID to fit an h11 is silly, since the actually bulb will be EXACTLY the same, the base is different. They all use the same tube and glass, just on a different base.
I don't know about the HID bulbs, but the h9 halogen puts out more lumens of light than the h11. h11~1250 lumens where h9~2100 lumens.

Status
Not open for further replies.