ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Loosened up LCA and UCA's a bit, even turned the sway bars a few cranks.
It barely budged. Looks like it's all torsion bars.. I'll de-crank them.

I'll also look for measurements of 2500hd's online that are lifted 4" - so I can gauge where I am at.

Working on a plan to lift the rear right now. Jackstands are too small, so is floor jack. I'll need some blocks methinks.
IMG_20140921_133707622_HDR_zpspjdec4rr.jpg

I'll remove the 1" blocks [on bottom] from the 2" tapered block.

Finishing list
To wrap this phase of my build up..

- De-crank torsion bars a bit for front shock install
- Tighten Rear Shocks Top & Bottom
- Tighten Front Shocks Top & Bottom
- Tighten Rear U-Bolts
- Tighten exhaust above the tbar cross member
- Tighten LCA, UCA and Sway Bar mounts.
- Adjust NBSU so shifting works properly [stuck in park atm]
- Install Rear bump stops + Spacer
- Install Powerstop Calipers, Drilled Rotors
- Install Russell Stainless flex lines front
- Secure ABS and Flex lines
- Charge the damn batteries [about dead]
- Bleed Brakes
- Adjust Drivers Tie-rod a few cranks in.
- Adjust Passenger Tie-rod several cranks in
- Double Check NTDB mounts and torque to spec
- Raise rear bumper
- Install Truck Bed

- final adjust ride height

- Raise / Adjust garage door to max height...

- Alignment

- Install wheels. lol
:cheeky:

Last edited:
Just need the toe close so I can go about 3/4 of a mile. lol
I'll make an appointment for this Friday. I should have this rolling by then, if I prioritize.

Already need to adjust garage door; Going to be a tight fit, even de-cranked when the new wheels go on.

Damn it. Calling Cognito to verify this info. They updated this part description.
It used to say Allison 6Spd Transmission Bracket...

allison-transmission-bracket

Now they updated it recently to Allison Transmission Bracket - '07.5-'15 HD

:tableflip:

I will probably need to take that back apart and remove it lol.
I could probably get it to work with a custom shift arm, but why bother?

Last edited:
True. It does provide more clearance.

I found it odd that the shifting arm was at such an angle that I had no more slack to give it.
Maybe I should just keep it and fab a new arm to fit on there. It does move it out of the way like it is supposed to.
I'll hear what they have to say first.. but they must have corrected it for the LBZ to the 2007.5 for some reason.

I would go with the new bracket. It must have been important enough that they redesigned it. You've done everything else so nicely, so why put in a homemade bracket?

I have a call into them now. Will get the good word soon enough. The part I would have to change is the shifting arm itself, it needs to be rotated about 1/2" or so towards the rear of the vehicle. Its notched, so the arm would need to be reshaped. I already have a plan to later the existing arm if needed. No worries.

No word from Cognito atm. Worked late but managed to bang out a few things off the list tonight.

-U-Bolts torqued to spec after checking how the brackets were seated.
-Rear shocks tightened
-Bump stop drop brackets and factory stops reinstalled
-Torsion bars de-cranked to the adjusting bracket
-Front shocks tightened
-Batteries charging a bit.

interesting story... I am going back and reviewing my receipts to make certain I have the right keys. I de-cranked the torsion bars all the way down to the adjusting block. I then put about 1/2 a turn on each bolt just to hold it in place. I need to take an exact measurement, but the fender to center of hub is still around 31.5" or so. I feel as though it's still too tall, but I'll see if it settles overnight. My main concern being the front travel of the shock. It still feels as though it's almost maxed. I was able to get the spacer, washer and nut on the top and got the bushings to buldge a little cranking them down, but they don't have a hell of a lot more travel.

I also measured my garage entrance. It's about 85" if I manually lift the door to the max travel. I MIGHT get out with the 35" tires on there. It might be within 1" of clearance. I will be able to measure it more accurately once my ride height has settled a little. I am hoping overnight it will come down a bit now that a good bit of tension has been released. Damn close though lol.

Hope to get more off the list tomorrow.