ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Just got home from work. Conducted a quick test. LED's appear to work.
IMG_20140925_173538040_zps2igfq6bc.jpg

I'll slap the old cover back on until my blackcat arrives, and then finish the gauge build.

Also got my Gorilla Lifetime lugs.
IMG_20140925_174100235_zpslin8grkq.jpg

Updating "Finishing List"

- De-crank torsion bars a bit for front shock install - Done
- Tighten Rear Shocks Top & Bottom - Done
- Tighten Front Shocks Top & Bottom - Done
- Tighten Rear U-Bolts - Done
- Tighten exhaust above the tbar cross member - Done
- Tighten LCA, UCA and Sway Bar mounts. - Done except Drivers side LCA
- Adjust NBSU so shifting works properly [stuck in park atm] - Done [ welded custom shifting arm]
- Install Rear bump stops + Spacer - Done
- Install Powerstop Calipers, Drilled Rotors - Done
- Install Russell Stainless flex lines front - Done
- Secure ABS and Flex lines - Done
- Charge the damn batteries [about dead] - Done
- Bleed Brakes - Not Done
- Adjust Drivers Tie-rod a few cranks in - Still jammed, Not done
- Adjust Passenger Tie-rod several cranks in - Done
- Double Check NTDB mounts and torque to spec - Done
- Raise rear bumper - Will do after [on hold]
- Install Truck Bed - Not Done

- final adjust ride height - Not Done

- Raise / Adjust garage door to max height - Done

- Alignment - Not Done

Last edited:
Shifting Arm - cut and welded to change shape

Initial re-shape
IMG_20140925_183158432_HDR_zpszv06n55j.jpg

Finished
IMG_20140925_183249010_zpsgcmfrruh.jpg

Calipers, rotors, pads, stainless lines all installed. I secured the lines with clips and wire ties after this pic and bolted the PYO's back on for the night.
IMG_20140925_233755533_zpsu7wkzqaq.jpg

Tomorrow I will bleed the front brakes and double check banjo's for tightness.
Tighten anything else on the list and finally roll it out of the garage for bed & tail light Installation

Last edited:
When I merged the two trucks, I added new bumper brackets and support bar to the 2500 frame.
Externally, the rear bumper could stand to be raised an inch or so.
I feel like it sits too low, exposing the lower lip of the bed in the back.

I'll take a snap of it when it's back on. May just be a personal preference rather than something being wrong with it.

Just a suggestion if it bugs you, just paint the little vertical piece of the bed under the tailgate black so it blends in. You won't notice the gap then. I did that on my old red truck and it looked much better than being red

Sent from Tapatwat

Truck is scheduled for alignment on Monday.
Will have everything and more wrapped up by then for sure.

It's kinda nice getting to this stage. I'll roll her out of the garage tonight.
I just need to play around with the shifter a bit and make sure it's not too tight.. but I think my mod worked.
Also will bleed the brakes and put the bed back on.

Thanks for letting me 'post' .. even the little things. I could have just summarized a bit more, but I enjoy the feedback, ideas etc.

Last edited:
Oh I love seeing all the little details, no matter how small. I'm also impressed with your dedication to document it all. I almost never think to stop and get pics while working on something till it's done

Sent from Tapatwat

Just a suggestion if it bugs you, just paint the little vertical piece of the bed under the tailgate black so it blends in. You won't notice the gap then. I did that on my old red truck and it looked much better than being red

Sent from Tapatwat

I think I painted the edging when I undercoated it. I'll double check. I have a lot of things to paint again now that I have gone and nicked things up with the installation lol. Oh well, that's actually easy for me and fun actually. Cleaning it all was the annoying part. I still need to paint the entire back half of the frame, .. I'll just add it to my list.

Oh I love seeing all the little details, no matter how small. I'm also impressed with your dedication to document it all. I almost never think to stop and get pics while working on something till it's done

Sent from Tapatwat

There is so much BS that I didn't document lol. Mostly just "I did this or that" .. I actually wrote down wrench / socket sizes and downloaded instructions for a lot of the processes that I didn't include here ( since I am noob ).. but still used them.

Last edited:
^lol this. Only things I torque are like main engine/trans internals/rear end internals, stuff, control arm bolts, and wheels

Sent from Tapatwat