Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

Here's some updated plans for the truck. Been thinking about it all so that I can move forward as soon as I get it back

Immediate plans:
Remove RC Strut Spacer
Re-install lower air dam
Remove rear block
Swap in K&N drop-in filter
Colormatch Grille Emblem

Plans When Funds are Available:
Belltech Adjustable Struts (will install shackles with these)
Belltech SP Shocks
Airaid MIT
Upgrade Sway Bar End Links and Bushings
Rear Sway Bar
Bed Cover

Got some parts ordered yesterday, so full drop should be going on before too long. I think I'm going to take a day off work and do it all in one shot.

Got quoted 160 for strut install and 60 for a front end alignment. Not sure when they will be going on, but at the latest they will be on by early September.

Going back to my original thought of running with the spacer removed and rear lowered until I can find the time to get the struts installed. On top of that, my parents use the truck every now and then to tow their 3 horse trailer, so don't want to bring it way down just yet.

Heres some things that should be happening within the next week.

Cm grille emblem
Billet grille insert (got it dirt cheap)
Remove strut spacer
Remove rear blocks
Reinstall air deflector
Really good detail (really needs it)

Last edited:
I wander what this could be..... :sneaky:

a6u8y7us.jpg

I did get some progress on the truck last night. I was able to pull the strut spacers before having to pick up little man, so she's back to stock for now. Planning on pulling the rear blocks either tonight or tomorrow depending on free time.

Got some goodies in yesterday. Also got the rear blocks pulled (fought me every step of the way).

Probably gonna let it sit like this for a bit until I can get time to take the truck in to get the struts on. Planning on getting measurements and pictures later today.

e4yteheg.jpg

Why aren't you doing struts yourself? Rent a spring compressor and get that bitch done, if you did rear blocks, you could do struts :imo:.

Its just easier to let a shop do it. Plus there is the peace of mind knowing the installer knows what he is doing. I'd manage to fuck it up somehow, especially after last night's fiasco. Took me 6 hours to do the rear blocks. :fp:

Convenience and piece of mind is worth it sometimes, understandable. I like the stance of that truck, the back could stand to come down another inch or two, but not bad.

That one is at a 2/3, which is really as low as I can go without a flip kit. I would love to go 2/4, but its not worth the extra time/money to me to do a flip kit. It is my dd after all.

Slipped out at break and got some pics and measurements. Sitting at 36" front and 37" rear. The rake really isn't that noticeable to me tbh.

yjusu3yz.jpg

u7a6ypyg.jpg

why are you going low again?

and ditch the running boards since your lower
Just decided to go low. Way too many lifted redneck trucks around here. I'm a short fuck too, so its hard for me to get in and out of a lifted truck.

I'm planning on ditching the step bars once I get the struts and shackles on.
Needs a painted or billet emblem and cleared headlights to really clean the front up.
I was planning on doing a painted emblem. I had ordered some vinyl that was supposed to be the same color, but it was a completely different shade of blue. I'm going to track down a can of paint when I get the chance. None of the auto parts stores near me have my color. The only other place I haven't tried is Sherwin Williams.

I want to do cleared lights at some point, but I think I'm going to buy some instead of cutting into mine.

Thinking about adding some wheel spacers to get the wheels flush or a very slight poke to give it more of a different look. What are your all's thoughts?