Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

IIRC they don't make drop hangers for NNBS. You're pretty much stuck with shackles and removing blocks unless you get a flip kit.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I think I could probably do a lowering leaf, but at that point I think I would be better off just getting the flip kit and a lift hanger to bring it up to 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Agreed. If you only want 2/3 for now, just go the cheap way and get shackles and remove your blocks. If you THINK you're going to go lower in the future, get the flip kit and raise it back up for now.

Definitely don't want to notch it.

Will I need new bumpstops or anything for this? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but thought I would ask to be safe.

Got my mirror caps in and installed today. Truck is dirty as hell though.
zera8e9y.jpg

Been thinking about giving this a shot before painting it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J0ZPAKG/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_rhCKtb0E55XCW

I've also been digging into how to get just a little more drop out of the rear without doing a flip kit. With the shackles and rear block removed I should have roughly 3.25" in the rear. I know I will probably hear mixed opinions here too, but these are the only solutions I have found to get that extra drop.

Option 1: use leaf spring clamps to clamp the overload to the spring pack. Clamping just the front will net about .5". It will stiffen the ride, but not much.

Option 2: remove the overload leaf. Will drop whatever the thickness of the leaf is. This one gets opinions all over the place. Some say that it doesn't affect ride as long as you don't carry a load, while others say it increases axle wrap.

Right now I'm leaning more toward the clamps since they are much easier to install, but want some extra opinions on the matter.

I tow occasionally, but nothing really heavy. We have a small 12" (I think) that I pull sometimes. I will probably look into helper bags at some point, just not any time soon. Had them on my old truck and loved them.

axle wrap is when you step on the gas, the leave springs let the axle twist some before actually moving the truck normally when you go from a stop to WOT.

you wont see any more axle wrap then you do currently. the overload doesnt do jack shit until you have a bunch of weight in the truck

That's what I thought on the overload leaf. I'm going to measure it on break and see how thick it is. If it is .75, I'll be in business. Too bad I probably won't get to drop this sucker for another month. Have to try to line up some funds for the struts first.

Then again, I may just pull the front spacer when the shackles get here and run it that way for a while.