Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

I measured the overload and its between .5 and .625. Ill have to look when I get the shackles in, but it looks like I may be able to redrill the factory hangers for an extra inch as long as they arent welded on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ok. Wasnt sure if it would work or not. I guess thats why they dont make drop hangers for nnbs. Looks like it would make the shackle hit the bed anyways.

Got my shackles in today. Props to nick for getting them to me fast. Pretty sure im going to wait on struts for a little bit. Funds are a little tight at the moment, and im wanting to do belltech sp shocks when i do the adjustable struts.

Hoping to pull the rc blocks and put in the shackles Friday night and get it aligned Saturday morning. Should I be fine getting just the front aligned, or will I need a full alignment?

y3e9yveh.jpg

Well that put a huge ass dent in my plans. Dropped the truck off to get a cylinder misfire checked out this morning. I went back to pick it up after work.

When I walked up to the desk, the guy said he was just about to call me, that there was some serious problems to discuss. Apparently one of the cylinders became oil fouled to the point that they may have to replace the engine.

Tomorrow they are going to pull it apart to find the point of failure. Once they find POF, they have to contact gm to figure out if they are going to either replace or rebuild the motor.

Luckily it is still under power train warranty, and once POF is found, they should be able to get me a rental. By the should of things, it will be next week before I have a chance of getting it back.

EDIT: Just talked to my dad after the dealer called him to explain the situation. Aparently the blowback percentage for the cylinder was at 40% instead of the normal 1%-2%.

Last edited:
pretty positive this happened to my buddies truck, he had the cylinder shut down thing on his truck that caused it.

Finally got an update from the dealer. Something square got into the top of the cylinder and got hung on the piston and scarred up the cylinder wall. It did enough damage to the cylinder wall that they are just going to replace the motor.

I hadn't heard from the shop since Thursday, so I decided to give them a call. Despite them finding the problem last week, they are still waiting on the damn replacement motor. This feels like its taking forever and is driving me nuts! :deskpalm:

Curse you GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

should bitched and said you wanted a truck because you need one thats how my dad had a rental truck when his was in the shop
I would have, but there's only one rental place in town and had already waited a while to get into this thing. I'd still probably be without a rental if I had bitched about wanting a truck.

here if its a warranty thing, the dealership loans you the car lol
Yea that's how I've always seen it work. Brother had his new Tacoma go in for warranty and they gave him a brand new, fully loaded Camry with the sporty aftermarket package. Was so f'n nice.