Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

Running up on 85000 and I don't know if/when the previous owner replaced them. Plus, I'm starting to hear the rears squish when I stop.
I may be wrong on terminology too. Maybe its shocks I need. I'm a newb when it comes to suspension stuff.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh, OK, thanks for the info. Should I need diff shocks for the rear with the drop, or will the stock ones be OK?

2/4 will leave you wanting more lol...but Ginger is right, if you go 6 in the rear you'll either need to notch or run helper bags.

Don't really want to get into the mess of all of that, especially since this is my dd.

I think I might be alright at a 2/4 for now. I'm currently leveled, so that gives me a full 4 all the way around.

Would a flip kit be better than drop shackles for the 4", or will just shackles and removing the block be fine? I'm asking cause I'm getting a hell of a deal from nick on shackles, so if they ride about the same then I will go with shackles.

Thinking more about those wheels on cl, especially since I'm most likely going to drop now. Here's the boss 330's (very similar) on the configurator.
syze8uve.jpg

Found a pic of one how I plan on doing mine. 2" drop struts up front w/ shackle and block removed in the rear.
8u2y5yza.jpg

Planning on doing at least shackles and block. I'm having trouble finding drop hangers if anyone has a link.

Honestly I don't think I will ever go lower than 3/5 cause roads are not the best out here and this truck is my dd. I'll probably run it with a 2/3 for a while before spending big money on a flip kit.