00silvy's official 2000 Silverado Build thread

[MENTION=2165]00silvyON[/MENTION] I wanna check your seat covers out at the meet. Been wanting something along the lines of leather.

[MENTION=2165]00silvyON[/MENTION] I wanna check your seat covers out at the meet. Been wanting something along the lines of leather.

Check out Clazzios. Paid $260 for my nnbs rcsb covers, solid product IMO

BC060824-39E0-4520-90CC-D9D80F27BFB9_zpshibfeomq.jpg

Well, no updates really. I made a list (bigger than I thought) of shit I want to do before snow flies.

It rains 3 weeks per month, for like the past 3 months, so its impossible to keep clean.

I plan to install lift kit before November, all my coil over stuff is here, everything I need I have, just gotta find time.

I have a 5" block, but I think It may be too tall for the height I plan to set lift at for the winter. I have a AAL, (1"), so I may get my stock 2" block welded to my 1" block I have. around 4-4.25" rear lift, to match the 5" of front lift (as low as 6" RCX will go).

Coil overs assembled! I hope to install lift this week or weekend.

Lift kit master list:

-6" Rough Country NTD lift
-kicker braces & steering stabilizer
-AAL
-3" rear block
-NNBS CV axles
-Atomic Coil over mounts
-QA1 compression & pre-load adjustable coil overs with 14" Eibach springs
-RC 2.0 rear shocks
-New backing plates
-New Timken hubs
-OEM NNBS 20" wheels
-285/55/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
-1.5" front wheel spacers
-3" rear wheel spacers

gimme dem coilovers. and horry fok @ 3" spacer in the rear

Coil overs are much sex. And 3", cuz yolo. I doubt I will keep it on all the time, just for some stance when I am feeling so. I asked around, to people running 3"-4" spacers, and they have had them on for a long time, 0 issues. I have 1.5" now, and 0 issues, almost 15,000 km. So I am not worried! Most guys running 3" spacers, also have 12 or 14 wides. I have OEM's with little tires lol

Last edited:
Well Today, did an oil & filter change, flushed the rear diff & replaced diff cover & seal, replaced all the plugs with some NGK Iridium TR5EIX's, painted most of my engine bay, topped up my front diff, zip-tied back my drivers side, rear fender liner (where E-brake cable runs), so now 0 rub. Tomorrow I plan to fix my fuel gauge, re-align my headlights, paint some more of my frame, re-install my transfer case skid plate (going to paint it first).

I won't be able to do my lift & coil-overs this weekend, my buddy with the lift is 5 hours from home. I need to figure out how I am going to do this.

Last edited:
Rofl. That's probably what I'd do if I lifted my truck unless my brother could convince his boss to let me use a lift in his shop for a day or two.

90%? More like 99% shit I pulled the body off the bronco with just jack stands and I was alone. Man up. Dnw to travel 5 hours to do lift

90%? More like 99% shit I pulled the body off the bronco with just jack stands and I was alone. Man up. Dnw to travel 5 hours to do lift

My buddy with the lift lives 10 minutes away, but he will be gone all weekend is what I meant lol.

I would do it with floor jack & stands. But my trucks too tall as is, I'd have to buy 4 much taller stands and a much bigger jack. DNW to spend $400 for that, when I could wait and do it on a lift fo the price of a case of beer and a couple pizzas

waiting for Jesse's sunday morning hangover post. "All I remember from last night is that pizza was nom as fuk but I just walked out to the shop and my truck fell off the lift and absolutely nothing got done about it." :rofl:

Get some man sized jack stands. Not like your little girl stands are going to be worth a damn after the lift

waiting for Jesse's sunday morning hangover post. "All I remember from last night is that pizza was nom as fuk but I just walked out to the shop and my truck fell off the lift and absolutely nothing got done about it." :rofl:

Lol, I always get jobs done in garage. In sledding season, I don't remember the last Time I've done sled repairs sober. Sometimes when I get too fucked up, In the morning I see where I cut some corners lol.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Get some man sized jack stands. Not like your little girl stands are going to be worth a damn after the lift

This is a good point. They barely work now @ levelled. Definitely wont work when trucks lifted.

DNW to spend $400 right now though.