Whore out your tint

shield tint is illegal here and I know 35% will get noticed so I'm hoping 50 will be dark enough for me without getting attention from the pokey

current gayness. nothing on the windshield, roll-ups metered at 15% but don't seem that dark. back 3 are 15% as well.

20140303_135533_zpsklqijfrc.jpg

20140303_135501_zpsle9qpnqq.jpg

20140303_135430_zpsffc56eik.jpg

Fuck that noise, I had 5 on my roll downs and 5 over factory 20 on the rear 3 and couldn't see jack shit at night and didn't need sunglasses during the day. I can't even imagine that shit

Fuck that noise, I had 5 on my roll downs and 5 over factory 20 on the rear 3 and couldn't see jack shit at night and didn't need sunglasses during the day. I can't even imagine that shit

It's very dark at night. But I'm used to it. I have 5 all around , 12 over 20 on rear window, 35 on shield, and big brow. I'll try to get pics tomorrow. It was real shitty backing up a trailer at night until I got the Rigid cubes.

shield tint is illegal here and I know 35% will get noticed so I'm hoping 50 will be dark enough for me without getting attention from the pokey

I have 50. Not worth it IMO. Cops
Have pulled me over and not noticed it at all. But you can't tell it's there from the inside. Waste of money lol

Sent from Tapashit

35 seems too noticeable. I may go down to 40 but that's it.

Also, I need to figure out what to do about the 3 stickers on the windshield (inspection, registration, and toll tag)

I like the double 5. I have double 5 over the factory tint on rears.
double 5 on all the rear of my car and 5 on the front roll downs.

favorite was my audi, double 5 on all winders with black leather. mofo was DARK

but I have 5 tint tickets sitting on my counter :urkel:

Have pulled me over and not noticed it at all. But you can't tell it's there from the inside. Waste of money lol

Sent from Tapashit

Also, I need to figure out what to do about the 3 stickers on the windshield (inspection, registration, and toll tag)
I've had same tint setup on every truck I've owned. Never been pulled over for it. 50 is a waste imo. Current s10 hasn't had an inspection sticker since the shield tint. Shop wouldn't give me one since they passed me lol.

Last edited:

This, I wouldn't go any lighter than 35% IMO, even that is not that noticeable during the day.

Sent from Tapashit

They just pulled my sticker off and stuck it back on over the tint, I'm sure they could do the same to yours. I didn't want an uneven cut out box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Texas you can get a waiver for windshield tint, I tried once through my wife and she was denied. Fucking lame. I think I will do the CC later this year.

Last edited:
If you're talking about the medical exemption, it's only for the front side windows. Windshield tint is illegal in TX other than a 5" brow. No exemptions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

here, to clear it up
What is the law for window tinting in TX? - DMV Answers
https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/Forms/VI-4.pdf
Sunscreening devices can be applied to the windshield if all of the conditions below are met.

Sunscreening devices must be applied above the AS-1 line. If there is no AS-1 line, sunscreening devices must end five inches below the top of the windshield.
Sunscreening devices may not be red, amber, or blue in color.
Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.
A clear (un-tinted) UV film is allowed anywhere on the front windshield without a medical exemption being required.

Below are the exemptions to Window Tint requirements.

Vehicles used to transport passengers on a regular basis for a fee, (i.e., taxi, limousine, and buses).
Vehicles that are maintained by a law enforcement agency and used for law enforcement purposes.
Vehicles used by persons with medical permits. Drivers of these vehicles must present a letter of authorization from the Texas Department of Public Safety to gain this exemption.
Motorists may request a medical exemption from the Texas Department of Public Safety by submitting an application and a signed statement or prescription from a licensed physician or licensed optometrist. This statement should state that it is his or her opinion that the exemption is necessary to safeguard the motorist’s health.

Medical Exemption Application

Note: The medical exemption allows motorists to place a darker tint on the front side windows and the upper portion of the front windshield (top 5 inches or above the AS-1 line, whichever is less). The exemption does not, however, allow a motorist to place a sun screening device on the rest of the front windshield.

Seems things have changes since 2005. At one point you were allowed to lightly tint the windshield in its entirety.

Last edited: