Static NBS Thread 99-07c

with 16" and 17" your gonna lose turning radius. with 16" you have to drile the rivets out of the control arm so you can move the balljoint on top of the control arm. thats the problem with the 16" spindles. its a pain in the ass to drille out those rivets. supposedly it willl provide the least of bump steer in all spindles cause it is closest to factory specs. with a 17" you just remove your spindle and put the new one in.

Word, my turning radius now w/ the 17+ is complete shit.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll stick with the 16" spindles and deal with drilling the rivets out...seems the most economical in my situation.

So the biggest pain is drilling the rivets the flip the bj to the top of the arm? If that's really the only difference then I would rather save my money on new wheels for now and deal with drilling them.

Yep, worth it in the end.

It may be a pain but if your gaining most of turning radius back and everything is close to factory specs then I would rather go that route if you dont want to buy new wheels right now.

:shake:

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll stick with the 16" spindles and deal with drilling the rivets out...seems the most economical in my situation.

Good choice. This is what you lower bj will look like after. You can see the aluminum spacer in the arm where the stock bj used to be.

2569980278_f3b1996f50_z.jpg

Easiest way to get them out is use a grinder or cut off wheel to mark an X in the heads of the rivets and then use an air chisel to knock the heads off. Then use the chisel with a punch bit and just hammer them out of the lower arm.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks tony. My last question for now is do the new spindles come with that bracket & spacer for the bj?

No problem, oh and I got those leds in last night and a video too. Left the camera at home and forgot to upload it though. :facepalm:

They look great and no hyperflash too. I was going to do the flasher mod to correct that but the previous owner must have changed out the flasher module already.

I never said you had too, i know yall not going to sit here and tell me its going to hurt
My upper BJs were killed before i flippled mine