official aSSmeister build

Get a smooth 3" band clamp and tighten the crap out of it and it shouldn't leak, the exhaust on my 88 was basically entirely held together with band clamps

I've done so much exhaust work it's not even funny. When in doubt, fuck adaptors and just but weld it together. Exhaust is not that critical that it needs lap welds for strength, but welding the two together is just fine.

So exhaust went on today finally. Not sure how I feel about it yet. All welded
daqajanu.jpg

duvu5ygu.jpg

Tip is very close to the axel and shock, even after we cut it down some. Think it's too close?
a3e6y9at.jpg

What we trimmed
qyzu5ygy.jpg

asyhu2yg.jpg

Peekamuffler
ajupepy5.jpg

No videos yet, it's snowing, so fuck off :slorg:

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Nah, my "turn down" is almost facing the shock and I've had no issues. And you have that salt truck mod too.

How do you like the sound?

Alright cool. I only drove from our shop back to the house, maybe 3 miles, so don't have too much feedback lol it sounds great idling outside, but inside it is loud as hell, and drones bad accelerating. I also have a hangover, so maybe it seems worse.

I'm driving to AC tonight so I'll report after that

Mines the same way with the sound, but it's worse because I'm low. The sound has no where to go, so it bounces from the road back under the bed and it is just loud. It'll be over the axle again at some point.

Mines the same way with the sound, but it's worse because I'm low. The sound has no where to go, so it bounces from the road back under the bed and it is just loud. It'll be over the axle again at some point.

Word, i meant to tell my friend to give the turndown a slight angle outward, but I had to leave for 20 mins and it was all welded up when I got back. Oh well. I got a couple videos while cruising last night but they're Meh. I'll upload when I can

My aero drones horribly even with an 18" bullet in front of it and a full tailpipe.

After cruising last night mines only really bad around 2k rpm accelerating, once I get to speed and stay there it quiets way down. @80mph I was pretty impressed compared to what I was expecting

Yeah 1800-2200 is where a lot of drone occurs.

There's a whole in-depth thread on performance trucks about how to eliminate drone and build an exhaust that does it, but it is a long read.

Yeah 1800-2200 is where a lot of drone occurs.

There's a whole in-depth thread on performance trucks about how to eliminate drone and build an exhaust that does it, but it is a long read.

I think I seen that.. Where you calculate the wave lengths and build a U-pipe with a cap on it?

Must be the 6.0 then cause Kyle was complaining of drone too and I have like zero with my dumped tailpipe on my 4.8

Ya yours sounded good

The 6.0s drone like a mofo, that's for sure. Mine wouldn't be bad if it was dumped past the axle.

And yep, that's the thread. Basically get a dual in/out muffler and build a u pipe back into the muffler from one exit. Makes sense, just a lot of work haha

you should fix your first posy exhaust is still yellow BTW but exhaust looks cool but a lot of work IMO

Holy salt underneath your truck!!

But when I made my exhaust and had just the aero it droned something terrible, then when I added the tailpipe over the axle it fixed it and I almost never hear it drone.

The 6.0s drone like a mofo, that's for sure. Mine wouldn't be bad if it was dumped past the axle.

And yep, that's the thread. Basically get a dual in/out muffler and build a u pipe back into the muffler from one exit. Makes sense, just a lot of work haha

iirc they even just cut a hole somewhere along the tailpipe and just added the U-pipe off that. i only skimmed over it once though

you should fix your first posy exhaust is still yellow BTW but exhaust looks cool but a lot of work IMO

i fix that stuff when i get on the computer, not celly. but thx for reminder, just fixed

Holy salt underneath your truck!!

But when I made my exhaust and had just the aero it droned something terrible, then when I added the tailpipe over the axle it fixed it and I almost never hear it drone.

right, it really is something awful, driving in the slushy shit gets everywhere! but thats strange, i read a few SS guys say the aero/others droned horrible with the tailpipe, and once they threw a little turndown on, it eliminated the drone and sounded perfect. that why i went for turndown over the original plan of dump over axle :banghead:

and here are two ass videos i got while going down to AC. they sounds a little louder in the vid i feel like

merge

and cruising 70 & 80

Last edited by a moderator: