official aSSmeister build

So this is fucked. Went to all the local exhaust shops around me today so they can flare those two pipes. 3 said the pipes are too big for them :ayfkm: and the other fobbed up this wreck..
2yduhajy.jpg

pame7y3a.jpg

He said he can't flare the pieces I need to because they have the relief cuts in them. So he made another 3" piece that flared over the Y pipe and into the other reducer.. But having 2 reducers there looks horrendous. He said his only other option is try to flare the Y pipe over top of the reducer.. But then that's not right either, I want the Y inside the reducer

And he's got nothing big enough for 3.5, but he suggested cutting off the slightly flared end of the turndown, so it will slide into the muffler outlet, and basically look like this length
a4anume4.jpg

But that isn't right either.....

The closest 'custom' type shop is over an hour away. Thoughts on the best way to make it work?

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Do it yourself :imo: wait for your friend that welds to help you and use a cutoff wheel to make the flares. You'll be happier with the outcome vs what any of those "shops" could come up with.

Do it yourself :imo: wait for your friend that welds to help you and use a cutoff wheel to make the flares. You'll be happier with the outcome vs what any of those "shops" could come up with.

Agreed. The "custom" shops around here are just as bad. That's why I pretty much do everything myself now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a good shop, Krazy House Customs, it's where Cory (frizzle) got his stuff done and he recommends them. I can't think of anything on how I could make it work myself..

... I'm also an idiot, so that's why I'm asking here

The y pipe and reducer the same size O.D.? If so use copper pipe flattened(just a home made welding spoon) behind the slits to keep inside smooth then just use 2 welding magnets 90* apart so the pipe is lined up and stick the fuckers together.

Who cares how it looks. As long as it doesn't leak and fall off I wouldn't care since it doesn't have a visible tip.

Ehh, I don't want rigged bullshit under there

The y pipe and reducer the same size O.D.? If so use copper pipe flattened(just a home made welding spoon) behind the slits to keep inside smooth then just use 2 welding magnets 90* apart so the pipe is lined up and stick the fuckers together.

Yeah, same for muff outlet and turndown
esa3u4a7.jpg

Your idea sounds similar to what I was thinking. Just weld the cuts closed and weld the pipes end - end like that. That was it's still seamless on the inside imo.

Edit. Or, just cut right behind the cuts and only weld end - end. Since I won't need that extra pipe for sliding in

Chris also suggested band clamp it together. Has anyone had/heard experience with them?? I wanted to clamp the muffler and turndown on anyway just so it's easy to change if I didn't like the outcome. The only welds I need done are the 2 Y inlets, and Y outlet - reducer

It's the Bassmaster way!

Always :nono:

Last edited: