official aSSmeister build

paint tends to repell if what your painting it cold and the paint is cold, you want the paint and the grill the same temp.

so as easy as the grill comes out. pull it out, let it warm up in the house next to the paint. then go in the garage and spray it. then let it dry and reinstall.

Yeah paint likes warm temps over cold ones. It's mild here today, so you should be able to get the temp up. At least 65* would be good, 70-72 is ideal in most cases.

I used duplicator adhesion promoter when doing my lower valance and grille. Works awesome, I think it makes the paint less prone to chipping too

Got the duplicolor one. But how the shit does the brake duct insert come out?
Bottom
u5e4yraj.jpg

9uda5aha.jpg

Doesn't budge for shit

Edit. Do the grille inserts not come out either? There's a bunch of real fucked up looking tabs
6ydy8a5e.jpg

ypy3ysav.jpg

zu8yzava.jpg

Editx2. Grill shell stays as one. Lower bumper grill looks like it comes out. The whole Duct insert can come out with 4 bolts. Gonna suck to tape around everything..

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Last edited:
Yep, it sucks taping everything. But it'll look good when you're done! Remember, put the time into the prep work and it'll pay off down the road when it doesn't chip or crack.

Well fuck this for today then. It's getting cold and will be dark on 2hrs.:rage: maybe Sunday I'll take it to our shop since Noone will be in there.

one of those times where your like oh ill just quickly do this for a second ...minute...hour....fuck it another time

one of those times where your like oh ill just quickly do this for a second ...minute...hour....fuck it another time

:rofltank: exactly! Thought I'd just pop the clips and remove inserts, clean prep and spray. Nope, can't ever be that simple

Dad gets home. "hey, put that license plate back on the truck. That's the law in NJ. Follow it or don't drive it."

"ya. OK."

:ayfkm: :rage:

dad has been telling me to for a few months now but he forgets and tells me again and each time I say, "yeah, I need to do it soon." lol