official aSSmeister build

prepping for order. see if i got this all straight...

1) stock 2.75" dual pipes into 3"in/3"out Y-pipe right before the muffler - $31
$T2eC16V,!)sFIY6+iU8hBST1wq)vBg~~60_57.JPG

Magnaflow Exhaust Pipe Y Pipe Stainless Dual Inlet 3" 3" Single Outlet 10" Long | eBay

2) Aero 3030xl (3"in 3"out) $100
$(KGrHqV,!jkFBOTu!Ul6BQe-jJyjvw~~60_3.JPG

Aero Turbine Performance Exhaust AT3030XL Muffler | eBay

3) 3" - 3.5" pipe reducer onto the muffler $15 (unless shop can make one)
!B0wev7!EWk~$(KGrHqR,!jIE)rIKUijmBMbsHjB1nQ~~_12.JPG

Exhaust Header Up Dump Pipe Catalytic Piping Reducer 3" to 3 5" Stainless Steel | eBay

4) stock 3.5" tailpipe

5) 3.5" - 4" pipe reducer for the tip $8
$(KGrHqJHJFUFHzfwG0PgBS!84!)zD!~~60_57.JPG

3 5" to 4" Universal Exhaust Component to Pipe Adapter Reducer Connector T 304 | eBay

6) 4"in/5"out tip, 12" long, slanted & rolled $37
$(KGrHqF,!okFCfH0YIJ8BQ5IPRV3nw~~60_12.JPG

GP Stainless Steel Diesel Exhaust Tip 4" to 5" Bolt on 15 Degree Angle Cut 12" L | eBay

seems to be everything?

I know, but it's only a 10db difference lower to the non resignated, but takes out most of any rasp/pop. Figured it might be better once headers are on

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Last edited:
i still would try to run a muffler that was 4" at the 3" point you are choking down the flow.

2.75x2=5.5" your stuffing 5.5" of shit into a 3" bag. i would think a 4" would help proformance.

I agree with this. Try and find a y that goes into a 3.5 or 4 inch and continue that size the rest of the way out.

i still would try to run a muffler that was 4" at the 3" point you are choking down the flow.

2.75x2=5.5" your stuffing 5.5" of shit into a 3" bag. i would think a 4" would help proformance.

The problem is I haven't seen a 3" dual to 4" single y pipe. Maybe that is something your shop can do and then just run some 4" diesel exhaust

Last edited:
greg, i would replace the headers back, remeber what can go wrong will go wrong, so put all new.

Just listen to Ginger, guarantee all the bolts will break off and exhaust won't sound like you want lol

Get a 3535 or 4040 aero and 4" exhaust out after the y from stock pipes. If you do the math correctly you need about a 4" pipe to equal the flow of dual 2.75"

Seems reasonable. Aero 4040 with 4" tailpipe

greg, i would replace the headers back, remeber what can go wrong will go wrong, so put all new.

Really don't want to dish out another $600+ for headers and install right now. Say if I did my exhaust now, what would have to change later with a header install? It comes with the y pipe, so I don't see how that would affect the rest of the mid pipe beyond so much, besides maybe cutting it a little shorter?

Just listen to Ginger, guarantee all the bolts will break off and exhaust won't sound like you want lol

Get a 3535 or 4040 aero and 4" exhaust out after the y from stock pipes. If you do the math correctly you need about a 4" pipe to equal the flow of dual 2.75"

Sorry, but there is absolutely no way a 4" catback pipe is OK for a completely stock engine. The guy down the street has a built 99-02 lb7 pushing 900hp and 1600lbs torque running either 4" or 4.5" pipe. It looks Fucking giant lol

I did a little reading of my own last night and a lot said 3" is good for the trucks. Unless you running 500+hp, you may benefit a little more with 3.5"

And no way is the math that simple for it lol if so, then how come they say when you add a muffler on each pipe, making true duals, that you lose a lot of low end power.

When I did mine both my y pipe bolts broke so it is probable

Without headers, I don't have to unbolt anything. Just hack off and upgrade lol

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Last edited: