official aSSmeister build

Well obviously, just saying where I'm at stainless is stainless as far as headers go. Will 321 hold up better to salt and shit more than 304?

Word. Fuck rust, I had my servings of it with the Sierra. DNW any more lol. Well, then I'll check lpp fitment/prices out later tonight

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Greg, you will save so much money doing it yourself. I'm pretty handy with exhaust work. I've done duals on a mustang, a full 5" inch mbrp from the down pipe to the tailpipe of my buddy's 7.3 powerstroke and I've done my full 3" I could help you out haha

Sent from Buck Tooth Betty

lpps have a group buy on fgt site right now but still around $125 or more cheaper for cal speeds.

Hmm OK, so I'd need in this order from cats to tip..
3"in/3"out y pipe after cats
3"-3.5" connector
3.5" mid pipe from y pipe to muffler
Aero 3535 (3.5in 3.5out)
3.5" stock tailpipe (or 3.5"-4" connector with 4" tailpipe?? )
5" tip prolly

So you are gonna run two magna y pipes? This seems like ALOT of connections maybe you can save some coin by finding a dmax tailpipe for a ECSB thats 3.5" or you could try to find a 4" aftermarket dmax tailpipe. The dual pipes makes it so much confusing. Maybe Its worth it to look into running two aero 3030's on the stock midpipe and then get a 3" to 4" magnaflow y and get a 4" dmax tailpipe. Otherwise if it were me I would take it to a shop that can make all the angles, cut and weld the pipe. I will be amazed if you can piece this together and clamp and hang it all. This seems like a heck of a job

Think it sounds like more than it is, but Fuck the 3.5" pipe now lol I'll do 3" Mid and 3.5" tailpipe I think. All that really changes from the quoted post is everything except y pipe.5" smaller and no adapter after the Y

Am gonna look more into running just two Aero 3030s off the stock Dual pipes and just dump them both over axle. Won't 2 be loud as hell though?

Hmm OK, so I'd need in this order from cats to tip..
3"in/3"out y pipe after cats
3"-3.5" connector
3.5" mid pipe from y pipe to muffler
Aero 3535 (3.5in 3.5out)
3.5" stock tailpipe (or 3.5"-4" connector with 4" tailpipe?? )
5" tip prolly

Think it sounds like more than it is, but Fuck the 3.5" pipe now lol I'll do 3" Mid and 3.5" tailpipe I think. All that really changes from the quoted post is everything except y pipe.5" smaller and no adapter after the Y

Am gonna look more into running just two Aero 3030s off the stock Dual pipes and just dump them both over axle. Won't 2 be loud as hell though?

Will probably sound boss lol and be easier

A hell of a lot easier. I could even do the install. that's how easy lol

Edit. Would also save me over 500 for headers, cost of new pipe, and shop install

Last edited:
Like I said at the meet, I had a Gibson di/do on my HD dumped over the axle and it sounded good imo. Just another option even though you said you didn't want di/do

Do like Gibson, I'll have to re check their di/do's since I could run the y after muffler like stock. The one I didn't want is di/so. Shitty options with it

vid of 6.0 HD with the stock pipes into two Borla XR-1's and turndowns. seems pretty damn loud, no?

also, how bout instead of running the Y pipe after the cats, run it right in front of the si/so muffler? like this dude
truckexhaust005.jpg

truckexhaust007.jpg

or is that a shitty nig rig way of doing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
vid of 6.0 HD with the stock pipes into two Borla XR-1's and turndowns. seems pretty damn loud, no?

also, how bout instead of running the Y pipe after the cats, run it right in front of the si/so muffler? like this dude
truckexhaust005.jpg

truckexhaust007.jpg

what it ^ sounds like

or is that a shitty nig rig way of doing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it's a competent exhaust shop doing the work, that way's just fine IMO

**oh, and just FYI....headers/full exhaust can be a MOTHER. I did cal speeds with full exhaust on my truck, never again. Just do research, research, research and just plan for twice the time to get it done right. Idk about the AWD system, but my cal speeds didn't fit for shit on my 4x4. It all comes down to what it's worth to you, me personally, unless it's a built motor or you're 2wd, I'd just stay with stock manifolds and do full exhaust

Last edited:
i have a buddy who is tits at welding. i could just hack off stock muffler, have him weld on the y pipe, then band clamp Aero :shrug:

and word, i know there are certain headers that bolt right up and others that need modifying for 4x4/awd. the SS guys all have em so id just need to do some research over there when the time comes

True, it'd be a little more beneficial on an SS. Honestly though, taking the time/extra money to do LTs, Y, and everything into consideration, I'd just get your buddy to weld in Y and aero for the time being till you really decide. I had like $800-$900 in my exhaust by the time it was all said and done :suicide2: