official aSSmeister build

euhh, yeah all these parts seem to be adding up quick for just exhaust lol ive been watching true dual 6.0 vids. i like em, but i woudnt like being that douchbag with the loud ass truck since i do alot of driving early morning/late night. plus headers will only make them louder

Lol I've been "that" asshole since I was 15. All my neighbors know me and like me so they just deal with it ha. I don't rip it everywhere but all my cars have always been loud. My favorite setup, and what I'll do if I get another 5.3 NBS, was stock manifolds/stock catted Y cut and modified for true duals, true duals with a Summit X-pipe, no mufflers, cowboy'd out the back with 5" tips. Only thing I'd change is hide the tips up under the truck somehow. Sounded awesome, loud and would pop on decel but didn't have that shitty no-cat straight pipe crackle all the time. But a 6.0 definitely needs a muffler, I personally think that Aero is gonna be perfect, either that or like an 18" magnaflow round body

also, how bout instead of running the Y pipe after the cats, run it right in front of the si/so muffler? like this dude
truckexhaust005.jpg

truckexhaust007.jpg

i have a buddy who is tits at welding. i could just hack off stock muffler, have him weld on the y pipe, then band clamp Aero :shrug:

and word, i know there are certain headers that bolt right up and others that need modifying for 4x4/awd. the SS guys all have em so id just need to do some research over there when the time comes

This IS what I wanted you to do in the first place! I have my Aero band clamped and I love it. Would def weld the y pipe thought the less clamps the better

haha ya that sounds intense. and ever since i came across the Aero ive loved it as the perfect one imo, which is why im going through this bullshit to get one lol

after a few more video and thread look ups..ill definly decide AGAINST the true duals for now. its my first exhaust system, so ill start basic with the one Aero..if i want it louder eventually, i can simply cut out the Y pipe and add another Aero. easier to start low and go loud than other way around imo

as for running the dual pipes or single pipe..i dont think i really want the headers JUST yet. need to spend money elsewhere first, like intake & tune. so..best bet would be stock dual pipes, Y-pipe just before muffler, 3.5" tailpipe

edit:
This IS what I wanted you to do in the first place! I have my Aero band clamped and I love it. Would def weld the y pipe thought the less clamps the better

:bishplz: you said y-pipe after the cats and a single pipe :crazy: i think. definitely clamping the muffler and tailpipe so its easily interchangeable for future whateverness

Last edited:
Good idear waiting on the LTs. I think you'll be perfectly happy with this setup and put the other money toward intake/tune. Just wait till you're ready for performance to do LTs, cam/stall/etc would warrant LTs then

LT is a must eventually, even for the performance aspect. If I still want it louder after that.. Then just wiggle a couple cutouts in there and have my loud craving at the flip of a switch lol

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

V8 gon sound like a V8, only difference a straight through muffler of any kind will make is how loud the V8 is. :comeatmebro: ive had just about every setup you can think of and they have all sounded good. But now that I have headers I love being that asshole at truck meets and such with the loudest truck

So that's where that blue poweraid bottle in my bed is from... Lol glad I shined the truck up so it could reflect your ass aha

I've seen the two muffler system shit before, but I'll have dual pipes before the aero. And the aero only comes in one length. But It shoukd be fine with just aero. Too loud would have been true duals

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore