My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

No. But I do wish I didn't buy calspeed's that don't fit worth a fuck

I also wish I went a cunt hair bigger on my cam, but dnw to deal with Cali emissions on larger cam

Weird. Mine just needed a couple dents and they were good. I also wish I went with a custom ground bigger cam.

It's all up in the air but after hearing some opinions and previous experience, it sounds like I should hold back on internally building the motor so I think just cai, 34" rad, efans, POSSIBLY lt's, tune, gears, and tbi6 converter when mine goes out and enjoy the daily drivability/reliability. Once I'm out of school and have a better job, I'd like to find a rcsb and build that.

It's all up in the air but after hearing some opinions and previous experience, it sounds like I should hold back on internally building the motor so I think just cai, 34" rad, efans, POSSIBLY lt's, tune, gears, and tbi6 converter when mine goes out and enjoy the daily drivability/reliability. Once I'm out of school and have a better job, I'd like to find a rcsb and build that.

gears will make the biggest difference. Do 4.30's/4.56/4.88's.

Won't regret it

Don't really need the converter if you're not gonna cam it. It'd be better to put money elsewhere

gears will make the biggest difference. Do 4.30's/4.56/4.88's.

Won't regret it
This. My old truck had 3.42s and it sucked with 33s. Was quick enough but it worked hard and got horrible mpgs. Most crews have 3.42s too so I'm gears are high on my mod list. I wish they made 4.30s for a 1500 front diff cuz I feel like 4.10s wouldn't be enough and 4.56s might be a tad much

Sent from TapaTwat

My girlfriend daily drives my truck, lifted 9" on 35s with cam, heads, 4.88's, stall, LT's, nnbs intake/tb, servos, bb tune. And it's 3" exhaust dumped to a 5" tip over the axle (she doesn't even bitch about the drone)
We also tow with it every weekend. Don't be a bag of pussies boys

Last edited:
let's not forget that I'm building this truck on a high school student budget... That's why I tried to get as much as I could done in the summer when I could work as much as I wanted and was making decent money.

Don't really need the converter if you're not gonna cam it. It'd be better to put money elsewhere

This. My old truck had 3.42s and it sucked with 33s. Was quick enough but it worked hard and got horrible mpgs. Most crews have 3.42s too so I'm gears are high on my mod list. I wish they made 4.30s for a 1500 front diff cuz I feel like 4.10s wouldn't be enough and 4.56s might be a tad much

Sent from TapaTwat

Not really... 4.56 on 33" tires is not overkill atall.

Guy on GMFS has 5.13's with 33's, and was @ 25/2600 RPM @ 70 mph. And 4.56's would be that much better in town.

My truck revs about 2700 @ 70 MPH, and I still get 12-13 MPG highway

Not really... 4.56 on 33" tires is not overkill atall.

Guy on GMFS has 5.13's with 33's, and was @ 25/2600 RPM @ 70 mph. And 4.56's would be that much better in town.

My truck revs about 2700 @ 70 MPH, and I still get 12-13 MPG highway

Say what? What's your setup? I didn't think you had gears, so 285s and 3.73s oughtta be right around 1900-2100@70 and you damn sure should get better than that hwy mpg

Say what? What's your setup? I didn't think you had gears, so 285s and 3.73s oughtta be right around 1900-2100@70 and you damn sure should get better than that hwy mpg

Iirc he runs in 3rd gear lol trans is messed up or something. My gasser turns like 1800 at 70mph

If you wanna go fast sell the truck and get something fast otherwise just do gears for the better cruise and mpg, headers for moar sound. Cai cause dey cheap and a tune for better overall performance and driveablility I love the sound of a cammed truck but is it worth it on a lifted truck with heavy ass wheels and tires... not imo

id literally want a cam just for the sound of a cammed truck i :skeet: when i hear it.

the extra power is just a bonus.

If you wanna go fast sell the truck and get something fast otherwise just do gears for the better cruise and mpg, headers for moar sound. Cai cause dey cheap and a tune for better overall performance and driveablility I love the sound of a cammed truck but is it worth it on a lifted truck with heavy ass wheels and tires... not imo

This man speaks the truth 100%. If you want a cam, go for it, just not worth the $$, and effort in the end. Gears absolutely best bang for your buck for power.