My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

I'd do LTs no doubt. Pretty decent gains, dnw cammed motor held back by stock manifolds and y pipe. It's just a snowball effect. One thing after another. I spent thousands on mine.

Idk about your truck, but there was nooooo way headers were EVER gonna clear on mine without a totally custom set. I took out my front Dshaft to run the headers/Y and then traded the truck in like that :rofl:

Idk about your truck, but there was nooooo way headers were EVER gonna clear on mine without a totally custom set. I took out my front Dshaft to run the headers/Y and then traded the truck in like that :rofl:

What brand did you have? My Pacesetters fit perfect. My calspeeds needed 2 dents. My buddy's LPPs didn't fit worth a fuck.

Mine were calspeeds. I've got a thread somewhere with the pics. My drivers primaries/collector needed to got out toward the frame like 2-3" to be able to clear the front shaft/yoke. I would've had to dent the collector damn near shut. I highly doubt I'll ever bother with headers on a 4x4 again, but IF I do I'll try pacesetters, they seem to have the best rep for fitting a 4x4

Mine were calspeeds. I've got a thread somewhere with the pics. My drivers primaries/collector needed to got out toward the frame like 2-3" to be able to clear the front shaft/yoke. I would've had to dent the collector damn near shut. I highly doubt I'll ever bother with headers on a 4x4 again, but IF I do I'll try pacesetters, they seem to have the best rep for fitting a 4x4
Similar to my buddies LPPs. Sounds crazy I know- but we got torches and heated the header primaries til they were glowing, then used ratchet straps to pull the collector to the frame. Moved it like 2" and put the front shaft back in. Crazy but it worked.

You're gonna learn real quick that all that motor work will be no fun in a truck that tall.. Trust me. Once you come to a corner it's over. Lol. I learned.

Sent from Tapashit

Ya wouldn't really do motor work to a truck on mud tires and Leveled and shit... Seems like It wouldn't be fast enough for the money you would have sunk in it. Maybe small stuff but not full out with lots of money dropped in it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Similar to my buddies LPPs. Sounds crazy I know- but we got torches and heated the header primaries til they were glowing, then used ratchet straps to pull the collector to the frame. Moved it like 2" and put the front shaft back in. Crazy but it worked.
Not crazy at all, that's what I was actually trying to do but we don't really have a torch that'll get hot enough at the house so I gave up that night. Was gonna get a hotter torch and do it again but the trans started slipping right after that, I got redhead MFing pissed, found the Coyote, and traded it in :rofl:

You're gonna learn real quick that all that motor work will be no fun in a truck that tall.. Trust me. Once you come to a corner it's over. Lol. I learned.

Sent from Tapashit

Ya wouldn't really do motor work to a truck on mud tires and Leveled and shit... Seems like It wouldn't be fast enough for the money you would have sunk in it. Maybe small stuff but not full out with lots of money dropped in it

That's very true, straight line fast will make you wanna go fast in the corners and that doesn't work in a tall truck lol. I'll be totally honest I really just want a cam/converter for the sound. By the time I actually get to that point I probably won't bother tho

I think for cost effective, fun power mods....do tsp 220 cam or similar with springs/pushrods/etc, Trailblazer converter, bigger rad/Efans, don't fuck with LTs (ask me how I know), catback/tune/intake if you want it, vette servo and then upgrade when trans blows and gears. Gears are the main thing. Like Kyle said, you'll open up a BIGGGG can of worms if you start with heads and shit. Just find some stockers cheap or use an EZ out for the snapped bolts.

That's kinda the plan for my next truck once I've done exterior/interior stuff

This.

If you want some get up and go. Intake/catback/tune/34" rad/efans/vette servo & HD2 shift kit/TBSS stall if possible/4.56 gears.

Once you get into LT/ORY/cam/springs, etc.... It's a snowball effect. It will never be fast enough with heavy tires and stock gears to be satisfying spending $3K+ on the motor.

If you want getup and go, either bolt on supercharger, or gears

Plus it's just not as fast in a straight line when it's that tall. Even with gears. You have heavy ass wheels and tires and weight transfer comes into play a lot too. My truck is like a whole different vehicle now than when it was lifted and I love it. Especially with the rear sway bar.

Sent from Tapashit

They speak the truth. Want easy additional power? Bolt on a supercharger @ 6psi and have at it. It'll do much more than a cam would being on heavy ass wheels and tires.

This.

If you want some get up and go. Intake/catback/tune/34" rad/efans/vette servo & HD2 shift kit/TBSS stall if possible/4.56 gears.

Once you get into LT/ORY/cam/springs, etc.... It's a snowball effect. It will never be fast enough with heavy tires and stock gears to be satisfying spending $3K+ on the motor.

If you want getup and go, either bolt on supercharger, or gears
Not a TBSS stall... 4.2l i6 trailblazer stall. Deff wish I had gears. I feel like my truck would be an animal with 4:56.

They speak the truth. Want easy additional power? Bolt on a supercharger @ 6psi and have at it. It'll do much more than a cam would being on heavy ass wheels and tires.

I've got a thing for n/a vehicles lol. When I beat someone in a race they say "oh ur probably turbo'd or supercharged." I be like...or nah

Sent from Tapashit
it's fun but it's not. I wish I would have left my truck stock and bought an rcsb or f-body. My setup in an rcsb on smaller wheels and tires would fucking rip.

This imo. I'd do gears, fans/radiator, and headers and call it good.

Not a TBSS stall... 4.2l i6 trailblazer stall. Deff wish I had gears. I feel like my truck would be an animal with 4:56.

I've got a thing for n/a vehicles lol. When I beat someone in a race they say "oh ur probably turbo'd or supercharged." I be like...or nah

it's fun but it's not. I wish I would have left my truck stock and bought an rcsb or f-body. My setup in an rcsb on smaller wheels and tires would fucking rip.

This imo. I'd do gears, fans/radiator, and headers and call it good.

Whats the stall rate of the TB I6?

If I wanted another fast vehicle, I'd buy another Audi S4

U should have some experience with ur motor work on ur silvy. Do u wish u left it stock motor wise?

No. But I do wish I didn't buy calspeed's that don't fit worth a fuck

I also wish I went a cunt hair bigger on my cam, but dnw to deal with Cali emissions on larger cam