My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

My First Truck! '04 Chevrolet ECRB 4x4

You should have a trans cooler in front of the rad too. Don't mistake that for the oil cooler.

Edit: and your trans lines run through your radiator too, so don't mistake those for oil cooler lines lol.

Sent from Tapashit

that's right, so the little one in the middle is trans cooler, skinny one one driver side is power steering cooler. There's 6 lines on the radiator, 2 that go through the water pump, 1 that goes through the throttle body then into the top of the block, 1 to the overflow tank, and 2 metal lines that I guess are for the tranny. Also, it looks like the core support already has the holes for the 34" radiator.

wpta0we.jpg

what is the line for that goes through tb to top of block?

It moves coolant through the TB before it goes to the heads. It's mainly for northern trucks to warm up the TB and make hot air for cold driving. Not needed. Bypass the TB and go straight to the coolant crossover tube. Dats what I did.

this
It moves coolant through the TB before it goes to the heads. It's mainly for northern trucks to warm up the TB and make hot air for cold driving. Not needed. Bypass the TB and go straight to the coolant crossover tube. Dats what I did.

Bypass that shit. Less messy when you pull the TB off often like me lol.

Sent from Tapashit
just pull the hoses off the tb and put a fitting between them so they are connected?

It looks like my motor has a plate where the oil cooler lines would usually go in. Is there a way and reason to add an oil color? (especially once I start building the motor).

6KN7Qs3.jpg

Also checked the plugs today. My brother had them gapped at .50 instead of .40 so I re-gapped them and put them back in.

Ukprlbi.jpg

Aaaand the rear manifold bolt on the pass side was loose so I pulled it out to check it and sure enough it had been snapped. So there are 4 snapped mani bolts that I know of. exhaust leaks ftl. That just reassured me that the rest will snap when I try to unbolt them for headers. may just have to find some milled 243's :sneaky: We'll see when I start working on the motor.

M08tfBv.jpg

plans for motor will be longtubes, high flow catted y pipe, mild cam (tsp 220r?), hardened pushrods, ls7 lifters and springs, might have the heads milled, 3200 stall, 34" radiator + efans. But that's all just thoughts, not planning yet.

Last edited:
all the bolts are snapped inside of the heads so there's nothing I could do about them. I would have to take them to a shop.

If u do heads, then u gotta get them milled, then u need head gaskets, then u need new head bolts, then u need headers, then header gaskets, then header bolts, then u need cam to go with heads, then push rods, then valve springs, then cam kit, then e-fans, then harness, then 34" radiator, then bigger alternator to support e-fans. Then u really need a converter for any cam imo, then the trans has to come out. Then the trans might not hold power. Etc etc. it's a pita, ask me how I know

I think for cost effective, fun power mods....do tsp 220 cam or similar with springs/pushrods/etc, Trailblazer converter, bigger rad/Efans, don't fuck with LTs (ask me how I know), catback/tune/intake if you want it, vette servo and then upgrade when trans blows and gears. Gears are the main thing. Like Kyle said, you'll open up a BIGGGG can of worms if you start with heads and shit. Just find some stockers cheap or use an EZ out for the snapped bolts.

That's kinda the plan for my next truck once I've done exterior/interior stuff