My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

oh I know where it's rubbing because there's marks on the back of the liner and it ripped a chunk off the front of the liner :lol: I went ahead and cranked the hell out of it. Should be sitting around 40" once it settles. I can barely stick the end of my tape measure between the uca and droop stop :uhoh:

40" with just cranking keys & 33" tall tires? Holy fack. I'm at:

FL: 37 7/8"
RF: 37 7/8"
RR: 39 1/4"
LR: 39 1/8"

And I have about 5/16" betweek UCA & droop stop. drivers side bolt has only 4 threads showing, passenger side has 12 showing.

Thats on bald 265/70/17's... Once my 295/70/17' Trail grapps & spacers are installed, I will be cranking up a little, I hope to be 39"+. And pulling the rear stock 2" block. Will be installing a 1" block once I get around to getting one. I have a AAL, so that adds a little over an inch for me. And I plan on hacking front fenders to stop rubbing, or most of rubbing.

Last edited:
Lol you're gonna hate life cranked that much Aaron. I did that when I first put my keys in and it rode like donkey dick, just rough as hell. Just trim your liners where it rubs, even if you have to grind a little metal it's not big deal. Not like it's an NNBS and you gotta do the NorCal mod lol

it will actually be sitting about where it was before I fucked with it once it settles. And yes it rode like shit lol. Now taking donations for lift.

I know it hasn't been discussed in here yet but what about a BDS lift? One of the LA guys at the meet had one on 20x10's and 33's.

2SFVDVp.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know much about them, although I've never heard anything bad either. I remember a couple GMFS guys had them, but it was never really discussed. So I guess they're pretty good. I think Geoff is happy with the one on his NNBS too

they're twice as much as a rcx but I've never really heard bad of them. Then again, I haven't really heard much bad about rcx other than the ride but I would assume that's because most guys run them cranked with aal's and the shitty RC shocks. I'd run a 6" decranked with some Bilstein's and no aal's.

Geoff likes his except he can't go higher unless he does a BL. They aren't designed to add larger struts and shit for the NNBS trucks iirc. NBS I have no clue, not too familiar with them.

You're exactly right. Everyone that bitches about RCX is cranked to the sky and running what comes in the kit. They don't understand the concept of pick your wheel and tire first and go bigger on the lift. If I got an RCX, I would crank it till there's ~.5" between the UCA and droopstop (Just cuz I like the look of lots of clearance up front, hate flat angles. Looks like a bulldozer with the front cage so low) so it'll ride good and get some Bilsteins. I was actually happy with my RC shocks that came with my level kit but now that I can afford it, def will do Bilsteins next time

BDS makes a good kit. Pretty much the same kit as Zone. For what u want though I'd just get an rcx ntd. $1k new, it will ride great decranked with flat cv's and Bilsteins.

Btw, how's the trucks power feel now u have wheels and tires? Have u towed with it yet

power feels about the same, a little more sluggish but this bish never has been a rocket :rofl:. same with towing... pulled my atv on our 5x10 tilt deck and performed about the same, just a little sluggish. needs more powwaa soon.

power feels about the same, a little more sluggish but this bish never has been a rocket :rofl:. same with towing... pulled my atv on our 5x10 tilt deck and performed about the same, just a little sluggish. needs more powwaa soon.
Just get gears and a tune imo. Would feel like a whole new truck

Mine felt like it lost a lot of power. In and out of OD on the highway hills pulling a trailer. Do want gears but dnw to pay

it will actually be sitting about where it was before I fucked with it once it settles. And yes it rode like shit lol. Now taking donations for lift.

I know it hasn't been discussed in here yet but what about a BDS lift? One of the LA guys at the meet had one on 20x10's and 33's.

2SFVDVp.jpg

BDS is one of the best quality lifts going. Up there with Bulletproof, Cognito, etc... Lifetime warranty (no questions asked, their warranty is the truth). for NBS, the 6.5" HC (means non-torsion drop) drops the diff about 5.5" IIRC. So a true 6.5" of lift, means your cranking 1". Most you ever want to get those kits up to is about 2" of crank (maxed stock keys, or half cranked lift keys). You can get it with Fox shocks, which is a bonus. Normally will run you close to double an RCX 4/6" lift (which is only $900). Increases trac width the same 1.5" and also is a knuckle lift.