My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

Pretty much. Don't think there's much reason for built airbox unless you're just :jmo: ballin and want it lol

I've been wanting to go back too factory setup. Truck came with GMPP CAI. Much rather have stock airbox and airraid tube

Sent from dat iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

So I started to do the cabin filter but mine looks different than the one in the write-up and I dont want to start cutting into the box until I know for sure. Here's what mine looks like.

I2jnaTE.jpg

Also, will 99-02 or 03-07 gmc tail light harnesses plug into 03-07 silvy junction block? I dont want to cut up another set of lights to fit silvy sockets.

I would think right here.

18068771071_29a6f789cb_b.jpg

Here is Brett's

IMG_20130323_151008.jpg
That's what I figured but see how mine doesn't have a place to bolt the new cover to and there's no lip at the back to hold the other end of the cover.
Hey Aaron :wave: What was the process you used in candying the tail lights?
hey Kyle :wave:
first I sanded as much of the rough, peeling clearcoat using 80 grit, then 220, then 600, then 1000.
then I degreased them really good using a simple dawn soap/water mixture.
once I had it down to a clean and smooth enough surface I taped off the reverse lens *(it's imperative that you get the lines cut as best as you can or you will have overspray on the lens)*
then I covered/taped the top and bottom lenses leaving only the yellow lens uncovered
shoot 2-3 light coats of tail light paint on the turn signal lens. spray from 8-10 inches away and do light coats, this stuffs shrinks and will cause cracks in the paint if you aren't careful. allow 10-15 minutes of dry time between coats
now uncover the top and bottom lenses leaving only the reverse lens covered
shoot 2-3 coats over the entire lights and allow 10-15 minutes of dry time between coats
once you are satisfied with the color/darkness, peel the tape off and allow another 10-15 minutes of dry time
wetsand the lights with 1000 then 2000 grit
clean and dry the lights
shoot 3-4 coats of clear allowing 5-15 minutes between coats depending on what clear you go with. my clear dried in about 5 minutes.
wetsand again once the clear is completely dry with 1000/2000 then polish them. I used Shine Supply classic polish on a cutting pad using my 5" griots da. I need to go over them again with a finishing pad to really bring out the shine.

here's a link to the paint and clear I used:
VHT Nite-Shades SP888 - Tail Light Lens Coating | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Dupli-Color Perfect Match BCL0125 - Touch Up Paint | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Good god I hope you didn't use 80 grit on plastic!

You should never use less than about 220 on something you plan on painting later on.

And yes the tail light harnesses will plug into the junction box, doesn't matter what years

Good god I hope you didn't use 80 grit on plastic!

You should never use less than about 220 on something you plan on painting later on.

I started with 220 when I was sanding my mirrors and bumper plastics. I was cutting down the texture thought lol.

I though they stopped doing cabin filters in 2003

They did, this mod is to add them to the 04-07 that don't have them.