My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

before you do anything stupid, please take this post seriously.

I once was bored with my truck, because i modded it in every way possible and loved it. But i was "bored". I got rid of it, not a day goes by i wish i never got rid of it. I kick myself daily because of it. So if you actually listen to something i say, this would be it. If you're bored now, give it three months. Do not do an impulse sale, buy. You WILL regret it. You're bored because you have gone through it and you sit there and spend too much time thinking about it. Spend your time better and get the focus off your truck for a bit and enjoy what you have. its a nice truck even with its faults. Dont rush into a change this big so fast.

I was also bored with my 07, regret trading it still. Should have kept it. Impulse bought the tbss and that was a stupid fucking decision.

I once was bored with my truck, because i modded it in every way possible and loved it. But i was "bored". I got rid of it, not a day goes by i wish i never got rid of it. I kick myself daily because of it. So if you actually listen to something i say, this would be it. If you're bored now, give it three months. Do not do an impulse sale, buy. You WILL regret it. You're bored because you have gone through it and you sit there and spend too much time thinking about it. Spend your time better and get the focus off your truck for a bit and enjoy what you have. its a nice truck even with its faults. Dont rush into a change this big so fast.

Post of the got damn lifetime

i think the point of most of the painting posts is, it would be cheaper long term to demod your truck, sell it and buy a white one,

realize this, if you paint the truck the underside is still going to be green, under the hood going to be green.

the only proper way to paint anything is to fully dissassemble and paint everything inside and out. gonna cost a arm and a leg.

When I had the idea in my head of repainting it a different color, I was planning on completely tearing it down so I could also under coat it properly and clean/paint the entire frame. However, if I go that deep, I know I will never make any money back if/when I sell it. I doubt I will as it is.

:cute: Samb actually being helpful. You pretty much hit it on the head. I have been pretty bored with it for a few months already and haven't done much to it or spent much on it and I still don't know what I want to do. I put it on stock wheels for the time being so I don't have to keep up with the chrome and so I get better mpg for work. I just bought a kayak so that should take my mind off of it for a while lol. But if I decide to start putting money into it again, I'm going to finally put the tbss intake on and get lt's and a tune and see if that keeps me happy for a while. And if/when I decide to repaint, it will probably stay the same color. I know it will cost probably 1/3 of what the truck is worth anyway so I might as well keep it the same color versus spending twice as much to completely change the color.

Agree. If it isn't already, pay it off and drive the wheels off of it. You're too young to have huge truck payments just to start all over again.

truck is paid off. That's practically where I'm at now, just driving it and maintaining it until I make another move.

Yeah, I'm still paying for my denali and it fucking sucks. If I had the old truck though it would be approaching 350k+ miles lol. Keep yours/save money

This is exactly why I will never sell my truck. I do get bored but then the fire is reignited. Give it some time bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally support getting it painted. If that's what you want to do that's awesome more power to you. I'm in the same boat. Fuck everyone who doesn't like a RCLB W/T. I fuckin love it. It's the truck I learned to drive in, it's the truck I smashed into another car. It's the truck that has cost me so much money, time, sweat, tears and even ruined a relationship or too. But you know what? It's mine. It's fuckin mine and there's not another one like it. I don't care if a paint job or an engine swap is not economical because it costs more than the truck is worth. That truck is a one of one for me. I'm not sure if you feel the same about yours but I just wanted to prove this as a point to honestly decide for yourself what you want with your truck. Because I know what I want for mine and it doesn't involve selling it or a short bed swap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

found a built 4l60e for 4x4 trucks with a billet input shaft, billet pump, billet sun gear and "all the good clutches" (dafuq) for $800. wish i had baller money

doesn't come with tc. he has a 3500 stall for like 750 iirc but would just buy new yank or circle d 3000 stall if I was to buy it

Hang on to it, it's nice. U think ur broke now, try buying another truck and starting over. I'm bored with mine too. Just driving it as is, when shit breaks or needs replaced I generally upgrade if it's not huge $. I'll still scoop up parts here and there if they are a steal. If I'm gonna buy parts I make sure it can be easily transferred to next truck. I saved thousands by de-modding some of my last truck before I sold and transferring shit over.

Last edited:
Hang on to it, it's nice. U think ur broke now, try buying another truck and starting over. I'm bored with mine too. Just driving it as is, when shit breaks or needs replaced I generally upgrade if it's not huge $. I'll still scoop up parts here and there if they are a steal. If I'm gonna buy parts I make sure it can be easily transferred to next truck. I saved thousands by de-modding some of my last truck before I sold and transferring shit over.
same here
Neer you probably pay less than $1000 in taxes a year so no way you could write that off
pft. I'm gonna get fucked this year. owner-op courier and I bet I'll be paying 1-2 months pay in taxes easily. I can write off fuel/mileage, any repairs to the truck while under contract, and any related work expenses.

Last edited: