My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

After dicking with it for a day and a half in the cold, I was at the peak of my frustration and ready to put the truck in a ditch and walk away. I was hoping whatever was acting up would reveal itself at that point in the parking lot. That's why I was being hard on it.

Edit. Btw mechanics last name was gannon lol :slorg:

I use it on icey roads so it only engages when I need it.

I'm still surprised it was the hub as I checked it less than 1k miles ago and it seemed fine. And to add to it, it sounded like the noise was coming from the driver side.

It usually is always the opposite side of which side it sounds like. I just installed my 3rd set of Hubs in my silverado. Ask me how I know haha.

And just put it in 4HI. Auto uses clutch packs, and they wear outeasily, and turn your fluid a burnt color. 4hi, or 2hi. Only thing I use. I had it in 4lo once. definetly pulled bout out well

Well when the driver side went out, the sound seemed to come from the same side, IIRC.

And yeah, I mostly use 4auto on icey roads, 4hi if im in a muddy field or deep snow (both of which are extremely rare for my truck), and 4lo if I ever had to pull something heavy and needed more traction.

Was flying around in the snow/ice in 4hi today. Felt like ken block in winter x games lolz.

Aaron be like
KenBlockSnow-4.jpg

Does anyone else use auto 4x4? It's all bad imo...
I use 4 hi, that way I know how my truck will drive instead of it going in/out of 4x4 when it wants.

I used auto from November to April in the 04, never noticed a drop in mph or driving any different, same thing as a Denali or escalade then. Even used it when cranked without issues. I also changed tcase fluid every 30,000 miles

Well when the driver side went out, the sound seemed to come from the same side, IIRC.

And yeah, I mostly use 4auto on icey roads, 4hi if im in a muddy field or deep snow (both of which are extremely rare for my truck), and 4lo if I ever had to pull something heavy and needed more traction.

Was flying around in the snow/ice in 4hi today. Felt like ken block in winter x games lolz.

What do you call "alot of snow"? 3"? "cuztexas:

My boss uses auto 4wd everytime it barely snows or is a little muddy. Pisses me off to be honest. Lol. But i haz dat floor shift 4wd that never even gets engaged

Does anyone else use auto 4x4? It's all bad imo...
I use 4 hi, that way I know how my truck will drive instead of it going in/out of 4x4 when it wants.
I feel the same. Hated auto 4x4 in the NBS and never use it in the nnbs. I feel the same about traction control too. I know what to do when the truck slides, but it really fucks you up when it randomly grabs back.

got back home all good. still surprised as shit at how quickly that hub went bad. I've been trying to pick up a set of tires for the welds since I got back but the guy wont reply..

I'd like to get the following things done in the next few months now that I've gotten to a good spot.

34" rad (flush cooling system at this time, replace tsat and water pump if needed)
efans
airraid tube
pacesetter lt's w/ catted ory
3" stainless exhaust w/ e-cutout
walker queitflow muffler
cam (undecided on specs, 212/218-218/220?) (replace timing chain at this time
ls6 springs
pushrods
stall (also undecided/dependant on cam, 2800-3200 if I go with a little bigger cam, keep stock tc if small cam)
tune

I'd really appreciate advice on a cam size and stall. I'd like to keep it daily drivable with good street manners and save as much mpgs as possible and would prefer a little more low end tq than wot power

Last edited:
got back home all good. still surprised as shit at how quickly that hub went bad. I've been trying to pick up a set of tires for the welds since I got back but the guy wont reply..

I'd like to get the following things done in the next few months now that I've gotten to a good spot.

34" rad (flush cooling system at this time, replace tsat and water pump if needed)
efans
airraid tube
pacesetter lt's w/ catted ory
3" stainless exhaust w/ e-cutout
walker queitflow muffler
cam (undecided on specs, 212/218-218/220?) (replace timing chain at this time
ls6 springs
pushrods
stall (also undecided/dependant on cam, 2800-3200 if I go with a little bigger cam, keep stock tc if small cam)
tune

I'd really appreciate advice on a cam size and stall. I'd like to keep it daily drivable with good street manners and save as much mpgs as possible and would prefer a little more low end tq than wot power

-100% get a stall, makes a huge difference. my I6 TB stall is mild, very mild. And makes HUGE difference over stock.
-Why Catted Y-pipe?
-Why Walker quiet flow muffler?
-Where are you putting the cutout? Right after headers? Or after cats?
-

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

:security:

Silver04's truck

EPS 222/226 .604"/.604 lsa 112 +4

He actually got a 6L, or he reppin fake tits?
(just A Vmax badge)

Last edited by a moderator:
-100% get a stall, makes a huge difference. my I6 TB stall is mild, very mild. And makes HUGE difference over stock.
-Why Catted Y-pipe?
-Why Walker quiet flow muffler?
-Where are you putting the cutout? Right after headers? Or after cats?

Catted y so it doesnt stink and passes inspection. Would be hi flows.
Said muffler because it is supposed to be really good for little drone.
Cutout to open up the sound once in a while
Cutout after cats