My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

Auto tcase? IIRC, the electronic actuator is prone to going bad on them. I'd look there first

Word. Mine went bad. Haven't replaced it yet but I unplugged it. Shop quoted me $300 to do it but the part can be picked up for around $100 iirc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

An actuator on the tcase? I checked the actuator on front axle. I'm assuming they're both good because I can tell by driving around that 4auto and 4 hi are both engaging/disengaging.

I drove it in the snow testing 4hi/4auto and then 2wd and I could definitely tell a difference between 2 and 4wd. I put it in 4lo last nigh and could tell it engaged and then swtiched it back to 2wd and could tell it disengaged. I just went out and spun the front driveshaft and it was free so I know it's in 2wd. At this point, it seems there's something binding in the front axle/cv's/hubs so I'm hoping it will just free up.

Anndd for those with snapchat, check my story to hear the fuckery from the front end. About ready to just pull the cv axles to get me home.

Local shop claims the pass side hub is bad. Got a warranty hub otw from oreillys. Hope this fixes it. Ready to get back to tx. Fuck this shitty shitfest of a trip..

Watched first clip, thought damn, that sucks.

Watched other 40 clips of it, retracted previous statement. Figured you were trying to make wheel fall off lol

Sent from my poopoo S5

Does anyone else use auto 4x4? It's all bad imo...
I use 4 hi, that way I know how my truck will drive instead of it going in/out of 4x4 when it wants.

Local shop claims the pass side hub is bad. Got a warranty hub otw from oreillys. Hope this fixes it. Ready to get back to tx. Fuck this shitty shitfest of a trip..

Bet it is the hub. Mine did that on the way to turkey drag 13. Limped it home and the only thing holding the wheels on was the cv axle lol. Unbolted it and everything came off.

Watched first clip, thought damn, that sucks.

Watched other 40 clips of it, retracted previous statement. Figured you were trying to make wheel fall off lol

Sent from my poopoo S5
After dicking with it for a day and a half in the cold, I was at the peak of my frustration and ready to put the truck in a ditch and walk away. I was hoping whatever was acting up would reveal itself at that point in the parking lot. That's why I was being hard on it.

Edit. Btw mechanics last name was gannon lol :slorg:
Does anyone else use auto 4x4? It's all bad imo...
I use 4 hi, that way I know how my truck will drive instead of it going in/out of 4x4 when it wants.
I use it on icey roads so it only engages when I need it.
Bet it is the hub. Mine did that on the way to turkey drag 13. Limped it home and the only thing holding the wheels on was the cv axle lol. Unbolted it and everything came off.

I'm still surprised it was the hub as I checked it less than 1k miles ago and it seemed fine. And to add to it, it sounded like the noise was coming from the driver side.

Last edited: