My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

:ermahgerd: me likey.
:ohu:
Needs more Esky tailgate handle, but otherwise :hng:
I don't really care for the Escalade tailgate handle :shrug:
Gotta clean that ass up imo edit handle, ss cap, dumped tips and. Tuck those cubes up outta sight.
Which cubes do you have? I need some bad
i like the current handle, would like SS cap, don't want dumped again (sounds bad imo) and I would like to do away with the cubes but I need light to back up at night
The front end is total hng tho aaron
:shake:
Strip is way too big on the windshield
perfect for me
And need more welds
Hngg yes
Lol pls go vapefgt

Yesterday on the way to Nebraska, I drove through some crappy weather and the roads got slick for a while so I put the truck in 4-auto. After getting through the storm, I put it back in 2wd and had no issues until this morning when I drove the truck again and it felt like 4x4 was still engaged even though it showed 2wd was. I switched it back and forth from 2-4auto and 2-4high and still nothing. I haven't looked into anything much yet other than just a quick look over. It sounds a little like a wheel bearing going out but that doesn't make much sense (and I replaced the hub ~25k miles ago). my brother said I should start by heating the actuator on the transfer case and see if thats the problem. Then I'll check the hubs and cv axles. Any other ideas?

Yep, fiddle with the actuator on the axle first. They're real prone to going bad. Tap it a few times and go through the 4hi, 4lo, 2wd selections a couple times to see if it'll disengage. Hopefully that's it and you can at least get it back in 2wd till you get home. I'd say that's most likely what it is cuz if it were the switch or the actuator in the Tcase, it never would've gone in 4wd or Autotrac at all.

Auto tcase? IIRC, the electronic actuator is prone to going bad on them. I'd look there first
Yes auto. And ok thanks.
Yep, fiddle with the actuator on the axle first. They're real prone to going bad. Tap it a few times and go through the 4hi, 4lo, 2wd selections a couple times to see if it'll disengage. Hopefully that's it and you can at least get it back in 2wd till you get home. I'd say that's most likely what it is cuz if it were the switch or the actuator in the Tcase, it never would've gone in 4wd or Autotrac at all.
Should I move the truck at all doing these? Iirc 4 lo doesn't engage until the wheels make like 1/2 turn or something. I appreciate the quick response guys. I'm in Nebraska and trying to get home by the 31st so I hope it's something simple..

Yeah, I'd click the button while holding the brake and then just let it idle straight ahead a few feet. If it feels like it doesn't disengage, do it again and idle forward while moving the wheel back and forth a little (not full lock obviously, don't wanna bind it up) and then also go backwards. Sometimes going in reverse will let it disengage easier

Yeah I engage it every once in a while to keep it from locking up or anything but I guess it's been a while since I've turned it on. I never leave the pavement :corny:

Drove around for a bit in the snow and I can tell it's going in and out of 4wd/2wd on command now but still sounds weird above 40mph. Sounds like a robot or something. Like a low pitch wowowowowowo. Lol. Anyways, at least its out of 4wd I think lol.