My 2011 GMC Crew Build (Bayou Betty)

I am going to try to pull this off before I go to NFamus in dec/jan, but I have my doubts.

I am planning on doing a brake upgrade. I am currently going to try to convert drums in the rear to discs and then convert all the discs to c6 z06 brakes. I am determined to make this work even though I know I will have to put some serious investment into this, but to be one of the few running full disc c6 z06 on a nnbs will be a nice touch to stand out in my opinion. I will also try to follow one of the conversions off the "other" forum to change out my drums on a nnbs.

This will probably get more expensive than I want to, but fck it. Things you do to stand out.

Nah you use the c6 z06 calipers with some custom brackets and aftermarket rotors iirc

This.

I will probably run baer rotors with the z06 calipers and have the custom brackets made. The rear is going to be a pain in the ass though because everyone I call and talk with, all I get is we dont have anything for that application. Good because I will be one of the few, if not only running on nnbs. Bad because now I have to custom make EVERYTHING.

Love the Z06 brakes on my Chevy. I know you already had yours cut down but couldn't you just swap out the rear for one from a nbs with disks?

Love the Z06 brakes on my Chevy. I know you already had yours cut down but couldn't you just swap out the rear for one from a nbs with disks?

Or just rob all the shit on them and see if it will mount up, or what about NNBS burb/tahoe rears to start with

Yeah the reason I am not swapping is since it is already cut down. I am looking to try to swap the components off a nbs disc onto mine and see how it works out. I know smitty over on gmfs did it with a small write up, so that is the route I will probably take. He swapped the components since he was narrowed already also. Seems to be working great. So I will attempt the swap and then upgrade to z06. Would love to be one of the only ones running them on a nnbs. Help to stand out just a little bit more.

Or just rob all the shit on them and see if it will mount up, or what about NNBS burb/tahoe rears to start with

yup, just like stated above, those are actually my intentions. I did not even think of the nnbs tahoe, will look into that today. I think I found a thread of people swapping to nnbs tahoe just now and it seems like it is not bad as all. My next thing is to see about people swapping to z06 from that because I would hope someone makes a bracket for it, if not looks like myself and voodoo are going to the fabrication table!

So slick man.

Thanks mike.

Yeah I am thinking I am going to put the front lip valance back on the bottom for now because it is bugging the crap out of me. Since I am not bagged just yet, it looks out of place to me. I know it is not a major thing since it is being bagged in jan, but man its driving me crazy.

Any kind of proformance is a good investment. :imo:

I figured as much as I am putting into the outside and then with the big billets and future performance investments I will make, I would like to be able to stop pretty well and plus seeing the brakes behind the billets will be a nice touch.

One thing I am trying to decide, should I leave the calipers saying corvette on them or custom them to say sierra in the same corvette font? I am worried it might not stand out as much and seeing it saying corvette would catch more attention.