My 2011 GMC Crew Build (Bayou Betty)

okay, kind of a random question...but are the suspensions the same between the nnbs and the 14's?

Reason I ask, say my dad is looking into a newer truck, but he is very hard to get to buy brand new, but I am not. I am considering selling my truck to him and buying a 14 Sierra. If all the shit is switchable, I will rip everything off my 11 and everything off the 14 and swap them. Basically my dad will have a 11 with a brand new rear end, etc etc. Is this possible?

I will also call NFamus and be one of the first bagged 14's if this is possible...

yeah, that seems to be the census with everyone is dont do it. Truck would go to dad, so it would still stay in the family and I would make him work on it. Basically he would probably level it with some nice rims and tires, which I would probably give him off the 14.

But yeah, my dad is die hard Ford person and it was a long shot, but when it came up in a convo and it caught me by surprise and I have just been debating it all if we even to decide to discuss this option.

I mainly say dont do it because I dont like the 14s at all and I love your truck lol I would much rather see yours bagged with your setup than the first 14 bagged

yqa3a4eh.jpg

Just took her out since I have gotten home from Korea...

Would be a shame not to finish her...

You have a FINE truck but I love the '14 interiors and it would be pretty sick to have one of the first bagged '14 models and stand out in that way. I you're not going to go wrong with either choice, it would come down to finances and my personal opinion on the looks of the 2014 for me. I think converting my dad over and getting him a little involved in my hobby would away me a little as well, been hounding my dad to pick up a square body project or something he can afford just so I can help him with it.

You have a FINE truck but I love the '14 interiors and it would be pretty sick to have one of the first bagged '14 models and stand out in that way. I you're not going to go wrong with either choice, it would come down to finances and my personal opinion on the looks of the 2014 for me. I think converting my dad over and getting him a little involved in my hobby would away me a little as well, been hounding my dad to pick up a square body project or something he can afford just so I can help him with it.

See that is where I stand and my problem. He likes doing this stuff and did with me for my first project even though it was a high school and look back and think wtf was I doing...we still enjoyed the time

If I sold him this truck, I think it would pull him into the scene some even though he would only probably level it on some decent tires. I have a little interior done, so he will probably expand on that as well. I would of course tear apart the 14, lol.

Also the ONLY way I would do it is if I could pick up the 6.2 also in the 14 which I have seen numbers and stuff for them, but I am unsure if they are even out yet to the public. I have a timeframe with NFamus which gives a deadline for this decision. I think either way I cannot go wrong. I have the finances to do it as I have crunched the numbers this morning, but I do not know if I can let myself get this far into this project and just switch to have the latest and greatest and to be one of the first.

I mean it is a long shot to even happen, and my dad switching to GM would be the first miracle. I just wanted to see if it was even possible to do a swap from one to another, but the likelihood of actually happening is slim to none

I love the bike. It is a completely different feel than my CBR was and of course a different sound. I have a lot more mid and higher end power with the duc. I had some minor issues with my height at first (6'1"), my knee hit a certain part of the fairing and it just got aggravating after awhile. Put some adjustable rear sets on there and adjusted for my height and it made a whole new bike yesterday. I am very pleased with the bike.