My 2011 GMC Crew Build (Bayou Betty)

That is actually my intention if I go ahead with it which I just got approval from the boss to do so...so it looks like I am body dropping as well

Glad we could help :crazy: on a serious note though, definitely think you made the right decision. If I had the funds and/or the know how then I'd go straight to bodied....I'll be struggling to get bagged then on billets though lol...this is my motivation though.
erupy6ur.jpg

my only concern is I am starting to talk to a lot of the bagged guys who are telling me to stay away from going bodied because of how much it changes everything on the truck, so I am looking more into it now about bodied vehicles. Anyone who is bagged reading this have some input on this?

I hate the way bodied truck looks the higher they are.. Laid out and really really low ride height look good but, any higher, just looks weird.

I thought I would want my truck bodied before I bagged mine, but after I got it bagged I am leaning towards not doing it. Its sits low as I would want it......I think the only way I would bd my truck is if I planned on trying to get a cover spot in a Mag or something like that. Just my 2cents. Also are still on the Maersk Drillships? Looks like I may end up on the DS2 here in the near future.

All valid points for sure. I have no experience in owning a bagged ride, much less a bodied one. Was speaking 100% off how they looked laid out that makes me want one.

Fuck driving a bodied truck as a DD.

If you have something else to drive,
Consider this:

You'll be modifying body mounts, your entire bed, cutting your frame up front, cutting up your cab floor, bye bye to pristine paint, have to watch where you lay it out, people that walk up to it usually kick your door, narrowing your diff more, barely clearing a decent tire.

Don't get me wrong, they look sick laid out, but they also look funny aired up. Case in point.
I love my truck low and laid out, but air up looks funny.
zu3etuqe.jpg

Oh,
Extra tubbing, more air to clear tire, relocating EVERYTHING, short valance life span.

But, there's nothing cooler than airing your truck down to 1/2" off the ground and cruising into a show...

Last edited:
I dont get why people think they look weird aired up? Jus cuz you dont have the frame hanging 3 inches below the truck? If any thing you can cruise around lower in a bodied truck.

I dont get why people think they look weird aired up? Jus cuz you dont have the frame hanging 3 inches below the truck? If any thing you can cruise around lower in a bodied truck.

Mine just looks like a donk. From the side it looks funny with no frame hanging I guess.

You can cruise lower, until you need to turn, then it's a lot of air to get it up. (Haha)

I thought I would want my truck bodied before I bagged mine, but after I got it bagged I am leaning towards not doing it. Its sits low as I would want it......I think the only way I would bd my truck is if I planned on trying to get a cover spot in a Mag or something like that. Just my 2cents. Also are still on the Maersk Drillships? Looks like I may end up on the DS2 here in the near future.

DUDE! Yeah I am still working on the DS2 in Korea. Will be headed out in a couple weeks. Message me if you go that way!

Oh, also, for 3k, body it and buy a DD imo.

I do have a DD, which is why I am even considering this. This truck is not a daily and sits in the garage except occasional outings and shows. I do not think they look too bad aired up either, just ride low.

Because they look like donks... Ever seen a bodied truck untuck some 6's or 8's...shit looks retarded driving down the road at ride height...well then people say, well just ride low, Louisiana roads are too terrible to ride really low.

That's Just my opinion though...if you have a DD then fuck it... Do it if you never drive it.

Because they look like donks... Ever seen a bodied truck untuck some 6's or 8's...shit looks retarded driving down the road at ride height...well then people say, well just ride low, Louisiana roads are too terrible to ride really low.

That's Just my opinion though...if you have a DD then fuck it... Do it if you never drive it.

I've pretty much been talked out of it by numerous people. I was kind of getting pros/cons etc from everyone and messaging a lot of my bagged buddies and seeing, so that extra will just go to my brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nov 23rd is the official date I will be traveling to drop my truck off, so if there are guys n the area that might want to pass by, I will be there then. Curious to know if they will still be working on the 14 because I would love to see that in person as well.