My '01 ECSB Slow Build

do u not have a factory cooler? just cut factory lines and use fuel line and hose clamps.

No I don't have a factory cooler. Also I could still cut the stock lines and run them to the cooler but here's why I won't do that (plus keep in mind one of the stock lines is already out and would be hell to put back).

1. The stock drivers side cooler line snaps right in and is a hard line.
2. I've seen too many people slide the rubber hose over the stock lines and clamp it and it popped off and spewed fluid after the rubber hardened or the clamps loosened.
3. GM sets up factory cooler trucks where the fluid goes from the trans to the radiator, then to the cooler, then back to the trans. This is because trans fluid that is too cold is just as bad as too hot. If it goes straight from the trans to the cooler and back, you can have converter issues if the fluid is too cool, hard shifts or delayed shifts, etc because the fluid can't flow well when it's cold.

Napa didn't have the line.

I actually called the local carquest and it's a big warehouse and they have 2 of them. My dad is going to get it for me today and I'll hook it up when I get home from work.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

I finished it and it needed an extra probably about a quart of fluid after running it and all. Good to go now

Nice. Pretty sure mine took an extra half quart of trans fluid.

Yea something in that ballpark lol. I had 3 bottles that had maybe 1/4-3/8 of the bottle left so I guesstimated. Was probly 1/2 quart or 3/4 of a quartish.

Now I just need to get me a gauge.

Once I got the correct line, it took me about 5 minutes to wiggle it into place, and about 2 hours to snap it into the transmission. It was unbelievably ridiculous. I even had to sand the bevel on the line a little because it was too big for the hole. Glad I'm don't with that. But I love it and it look factory since it's black and has the factory lines snapped in it.

9u4ubype.jpg

i originally used the scanguage 2 for my trans temp until i got a 2500hd cluster.

looks better than a round pod one.

Yea I looked at those but I kinda like the idea of the round pod in the airbag hole. Plus the PLX gauge is pitch black when off so it looks like nothing

I picked up a Precision Vig 3600 for $600 that came out of a built 6.0 truck. It should be more like 3200 behind my 4.8. It still has a free restall but I don't know if I want to install it as is and save the restall or use the restall to make it a 3600. I drive the truck every single day since it's all I have.

Lol I plan to get mine restalled to 3600 and let it sit until I get a built trans. I'm buying a good core tomorrow and I'll save money so I can have it built

I met up with Robert Godfrey (transbuilderguy) last night and gave him the trans. I can't wait to get it back.

So my battery was gettin a little low on voltage and having hard starts here and there so I went ahead and replaced it with a Deka AGM 9A78DT. Talk about a lot more amps/hour. The fans kicking on hardly phase it anymore and I don't get any voltage drop at all with the music loud.

I also picked up a Hd grille for 75 doll hairs (the chrome has already been stripped off and it's in primer) and I'm getting a bumper with the hd top cap tomorrow. I'm gonna acid bath the bumper and take the chrome off so I can have it painted along with the grille and top cap.

5a3u9aza.jpg

I'm also going to pick up my Tantric LD8s tomorrow. And then I'm headed to Houston for AMA Supercross.