My '01 ECSB Slow Build

Update:

So my transmission should ship out Monday.

A buddy of mine let me borrow a FAST 90mm throttle body he had sitting around cuz I was curious how much or if it would improve low end or help any on my 4.8 with the 90mm intake. I wanted to find out for sure.

Honestly, I felt huge gains throughout the entire RPM range. It ran like a scalded ape. It used to pull harder from 3k and up and now it pulls hard from idle till the speedometer is pegged. Seriously it's a lot faster from any speed. I'm very impressed. So I took it off the truck to give it back to him and I ordered a Nick Williams 92mm the next day. It is coming in tomorrow and I can't wait to put it on. It honestly felt like I did a cam swap all over again. It's hard to believe it made that much of an improvement.

Here's the nick Williams 92mm on my cousins truck just for attention. It's a beauty.
me5esaby.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Fawk, that looks good. What trans did you go with?

That's a pic of my cousins setup in his OBS. Damn clean

Mines a little different since I run the nnbs rails

Transbuilderguy built 4l60e. Good up to 500hp he says

Ive been wanting a bigger TB but idk if it was really beneficial. Based on ur experience it seems like it was.

Yea with nnbs intake (which only really helps on 243/799 or equivalent flowing heads) the 90mm is the way to go I see now. The 78 with the 90mm intake even isn't enough on a 4.8. Or atleast a cammed one

Yea with nnbs intake (which only really helps on 243/799 or equivalent flowing heads) the 90mm is the way to go I see now. The 78 with the 90mm intake even isn't enough on a 4.8. Or atleast a cammed one

I have a set of 243/799 and cam waiting to go in. Tbss is already installed. Might have to budget for tb now.

I gotta save for subie parts before I can cam my truck :okay: at least mine will be painted soon. Just gonna have to be slow for a while lol

I have a set of 243/799 and cam waiting to go in. Tbss is already installed. Might have to budget for tb now.
Yea I would. You can go with the $269 edelbrock 38640 which I haven't heard any issues with but you'll need to drill and tap the intake tube for passenger side pcv which isn't a huge deal. For the sake of it being super clean install and looking nice, I chose the nw. It's bolt on and go. Costed $345
I gotta save for subie parts before I can cam my truck :okay: at least mine will be painted soon. Just gonna have to be slow for a while lol
Yea understandable lol. Most of the problems or things I want to do on my truck have to do with body work and paint.

Lol I guess you can do one or the other at a time. Oh well, I just wanna drive it again a few times before putting it away for the winter.

I was really close to buying that same tb when I had my tbss intake. Never got around to installing it though :(

Didn't look back in thread but when will HD front be done?

Lol I guess you can do one or the other at a time. Oh well, I just wanna drive it again a few times before putting it away for the winter.
Yea I don't make alot of money at the moment but I graduate from SLU this semester
The only thing is your DBC and am DBW. I would need something like an LS3 TB...
Right. Ls3/ls7 and that X link adapter
I was really close to buying that same tb when I had my tbss intake. Never got around to installing it though :(

Didn't look back in thread but when will HD front be done?
After I get out of school in December and get a good job and make some decent money. I just can't afford to do it right now. The TB was a must have since it made a huge difference

If you look close, you can see I smoothed the intake inlet and took the tiny lip off since the TB is 92mm and the intake is 90. I took the TB off tonight to do that and modify my cable bracket. Put it on last night quickly for retune and to go by a local show
yja2ege3.jpg

se3y8aja.jpg

I cut a slot in a old shock sleeve and trimmed it to about 7/8" and welded it to my cable bracket to move the cruise control cable back. Cable Slides in the slot and the bushing fits into the spacer perfectly so the cruise can be adjusted tight and works great.
aqute8em.jpg

a7uberab.jpg

evu4ary6.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

Me and a buddy of mine installed my "transbuilderguy" (Robert Godfrey) built 4l60e. It's rated for up to 500hp and will handle nitrous.

My neutral safety switch was screwed up so I replaced it with a new Delco one yesterday. Good to go now

I'm taking it easy to break it in for around 500 miles and I've gone about half that since the install. I got in it once on the interstate yesterday and it's a lot quicker. I love the way it drives with the precision 3600 and I'm happy with it for sure.

Also I ordered 05-07 Silverado brake calipers with brackets yesterday. I already have BrakeMotive drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads that I haven't installed yet because I'm waiting to get all the parts I need. I plan to order the Russell stainless braided brake line kit tomorrow and then put it all on in a couple hundred miles since I need to go ahead and rotate the tires anyway.

I went ahead and did the 05+ brake swap on the front. I also had a bad hub bearing on the passenger side so I changed both of them (glad I did because the other one had a little funny noise to it upon inspection). New Timken Hub bearing ran me $195 total.

Here's a parts list for the brake swap:
BrakeMotive on ebay (powerstop) drilled/slotted 13" rotors with ceramic pads and hardware - $120
Centric premium reman brake calipers - $100 after core charge
Russell Stainless brake line kit for entire truck - $130

$220 total for everything needed to do the swap and an $350 if u want a firmer pedal and more stopping power with the stainless lines

9d8c62d407e2fd4668cf794b9c9ddb97.jpg

b5355cbdd9dfd4b0edc5d5981e5b2221.jpg

ef728be0e70ba22d5b39a9b47d257a9c.jpg

616f9f977d3e7214c3b4802ad118251e.jpg

I also picked up some Monroe MA792 Max-Air shocks from the local oreilly for $70 with air lines and fittings and all. It seems I'm often having to pick up heavy things for work (Tractor Supply) or just when I put my fourwheeler in the back or anything, the air shocks will be real nice to have. And they ride great. I like the ride better than my old Street performance shocks for sure. I ride around unloaded with 15-20 psi in them and it's real nice. I put 130 psi in them to see how high it'd go and it's about a 2" difference. Max is 150psi.

14ba2fe6e7b893596484d77105148398.jpg

To show the difference of 15 psi to 132 psi
378b4b5927000bcc029410638f4277c0.jpg

Some pictures from the last few days just to show what my truck currently looks like. Still enjoying it for sure.

Cleanin it up
2d7ec4e1142648f4118340a0f4ba3429.jpg

At the gas station
093526defb869d706b046d60c2986a41.jpg

Yesterday at school
d9f1a6eb733afd54431aef6bdb6c5f55.jpg

Some black and white challenge thing everyone is doin
4230760f4f7c10cbcec09a23249dd7d9.jpg

6961d005f5f46a21f7d5aed57aa3fd4a.jpg

only thing i can see to do is to run the grey along the bottom of the tailgate,

I've posted my rendering on here. That's included. #1 thing I don't like so it'll be fixed.

I have plenty paint work I need to have done so it'll all happen at once. The bed will be entirely different

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Nice. I did the 05+ brakes as well with drilled/slotted rotors and the Russell lines. I also did Tahoe rear calipers. Braking is night and day difference from stock.