My '01 ECSB Slow Build

Time for an update:

My electric fans decided they didn't like being fans anymore and burned up on the way to Scrapin the Coast. So, I ordered new fan motors. They came in yesterday and turns out ACdelco fan motors don't fit Dorman fan blades, so I sent them back today and ordered TYC fans. Still trying to get Dorman to warranty the fans so ill see how that goes. Meanwhile I'm running the old clutch fan with no shroud because the old shroud doesn't fit 34" radiator.

Also, my console latch broke but I picked up another one on ebay for $15.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Saw that on LLA. Sucksssss! Good thing you still had a clutch fan. Hopefully they'll warranty the fans for you.

Good to hear

Also went ahead and hooked up an old voltage regulator too my alternator that I had from a previous vehicle. Turned the voltage up from 14.2V to roughly 14.7 so keep it steady and charging good.

And fixed my broken console latch.

And experimented with making something that I'm not going to post until my ideas are complete and it looks how I want.

the mechanical fan doesnt pull air well without the shroud, so be warned it may still over heat.

Oh I know. Moving slowly through the show at scrapin it got to about 210 before I found a spot and shut it off. But was hot as shit out there like usual. Haven't had a single problem since because i just go to work and a few places here and there. Hardly no lights or stop signs where I go and I've let it idle at home in the shop checking the voltage and it was fine. But I returned the other fan motors and my 2500hd TYC fans will come in this week

Last edited:
So here's an idea I've had for awhile and I finally started working on it. I'm happy with the way it is now, but I'm going to improve on it.

2e6eduju.jpg

zy7u3aqy.jpg

It's a shock tower brace that made by bending some steel tubing I got from work. I used some Mr.gasket shock stud extenders to bolt it to the shock. It does feel more stable around turns and I was surprised it actually made a difference considering the truck has coils and shocks rather than struts but it does feel better than before and it only cost me the extensions which were $10.

I plan to bolt a piece of thick flatbar to the extensions, and then drill holes in the ends and put bolt through it upwards and bolt 2 bars to it so there will be one bar behind and one bar in front of the shocks. Then I want to weld a plate between the two right over the engine cover and paint something cool on it. I have a few ideas. I'm also going to paint the bars probably gray and somehow I'm going to try to brace the bars with tubing of some sort going to the frame next to the shocks so it's not completely supported by that one stud.

So I got my TYC fans (for NNBS 2500hd) and put them in last night. All is great again now.

So as of this morning my truck started extremely weak. Few month old Deka Intimidator battery. Don't know what the hell is goin on.

I ran last night at state Capitol Raceway.
14.9@96mph in the 1/4

Kinda what I expected with stock stall and I had a little wheel hop. The mph is there but need a way better 60'. Was only 2.5.

After stall and trac bars it should perform well

Nice man, you can probably get down to the mid 14s cutting a better 60' and with a good hookup. I need to run my turd and facepalm at how slow it is :laugh:

Yea I agree. With the 3600 stall and built trans I have at home it should do high 13s with traction bars. If not I'll put some stickies on it and make sure it gets in the 13s

Little update:

I got my converter back from precision. It's freshly restalled to 3600. Haven't really done anything to the truck since. Just waiting on my built transmission and then it's goin in asap.

Been playing around with rc trucks for a little while now.