Lifted 02 Sierra Z71

Looks good man!

x-all-the-things-template.png

Teal all the things!

Lol thanks James!
I need a little of the color in the engine bay as well.

Just curious, was talking to my buddy today about wide ass wheel/tire setups (he hates them, I love them). I know it's almost impossible to keep clean but how bad does it beat up your rockers/lower doors/tows? Ever get hit with shit when your arm's out the window? :rofl: I wanna do 6" on 20s/33s for the next truck but idk if I'd do x10s or x12s

Just curious, was talking to my buddy today about wide ass wheel/tire setups (he hates them, I love them). I know it's almost impossible to keep clean but how bad does it beat up your rockers/lower doors/tows? Ever get hit with shit when your arm's out the window? :rofl: I wanna do 6" on 20s/33s for the next truck but idk if I'd do x10s or x12s

I believe tire choice is the biggest contributor to thrown rocks. I had bfg at's on my stock wheels and they held and threw rocks all the time. My baja claws and toyos rarely do. But don't get me wrong my truck has its fair share of paint chips and the rockers look sandblasted in places, but its not all from the 12 wide wheels. What sucks more is they throw shit in the rain and going through puddles and stuff. But I've never had my tires fling anything on my arm out the window, and i have my windows down all the time. Id say run what you want, it will happen no matter what with 10s, 12s or 14s

And my tows have like one chip in the front of each one more from rocks thrown when driving through mud on our ranches. Because thats the only time i drive through mud is if i have to.

ok, same exact size i have. trying to figure out if i wanted to lift it more or not.

Well my truck cranked would clear x10s and 265/75-16 on stocks with spacers. But if you want 12s you need the 6" lift so you dont have to trim. I can run the 15x12s with 3.5" bs and 1.5" spacer in front before it just barely rubs my fender flare in the rear when flexing the truck.

I say lift yours some more

Well my truck cranked would clear x10s and 265/75-16 on stocks with spacers. But if you want 12s you need the 6" lift so you dont have to trim. I can run the 15x12s with 3.5" bs and 1.5" spacer in front before it just barely rubs my fender flare in the rear when flexing the truck.

I say lift yours some more

i have been running my claws that are the 305-70-16, plus 1.5" spacers, 0 offset wheels, i have a 1.5 body lift and keys, not fulled cranked. i dont rub and i only had to trim the front bumper a touch. i just didnt know if i would tower over 33's

I believe tire choice is the biggest contributor to thrown rocks. I had bfg at's on my stock wheels and they held and threw rocks all the time. My baja claws and toyos rarely do. But don't get me wrong my truck has its fair share of paint chips and the rockers look sandblasted in places, but its not all from the 12 wide wheels. What sucks more is they throw shit in the rain and going through puddles and stuff. But I've never had my tires fling anything on my arm out the window, and i have my windows down all the time. Id say run what you want, it will happen no matter what with 10s, 12s or 14s

And my tows have like one chip in the front of each one more from rocks thrown when driving through mud on our ranches. Because thats the only time i drive through mud is if i have to.

That makes sense, I know I'll get a little bit of blasting and sling-age, just wouldn't wanna do it and have the paint completely shot in a year.

Just trying to get some kind of a plan figured out beforw I buy the truck. Figured I'd ask you since you're always trying different setups lol.

I'm thinking 6" cranked some and maybe a 1.5 body with chrome 20x12s and 33x12.50 trail grapps would look good on a red colormatched crew.

Sent from TapaTwat

That makes sense, I know I'll get a little bit of blasting and sling-age, just wouldn't wanna do it and have the paint completely shot in a year.

Just trying to get some kind of a plan figured out before I buy the truck. Figured I'd ask you since you're always trying different setups lol.

I'm thinking 6" cranked some and maybe a 1.5 body with chrome 20x12s and 33x12.50 trail grapps would look good on a red colormatched crew.

Well as you know I've got a rancho kit, which really can't be cranked much since it doesnt drop the diff all the way. But When I swapped in the 2500 obs bars it made it sit a little taller because of the different indexing. I added stock 2500hd bump stops in front and it just barely clears them off the lca, so that's the best ride I have found and I'd say it's equivalent to being about half cranked on a arm angles, but my cv's are a little steeper. Still never broken a cv axle tho. I can clear plenty of setups like I said, and I've always thought about adding a 1.5" body so I'd match the height of an HD, but can't bring myself to do it.

But as far as paint my truck has the original paint, and it's not perfect but still shines and looks great, I have more scratches in it from farm and daily abuse than from thrown rocks

Oldest pic first, then some rolling shots headed to school one night.

Newest mod recently is I bought some reservoir shocks for the rear, and gave my old chrome shocks to my bro for his dmax, since his were blown.
These shocks actually ride much better than my old ones did. But other than that I havent done anything else new except remount my coil packs. Still havent even wetsanded and buffed my hood yet, smh.