Lifted 02 Sierra Z71

Love your truck man. I saw where y'all have harvesters. With that being said, can you get any type of Ag tag or farm tag in your state? Might check into that and see if it's possible to obtain and if so what the emissions are for them. Louisiana has some odd stuff, almost can run zoomies or stacks out the hood. Also insurance rates can go down if in the right situation I believe. We have farm tags on a few work trucks and almost anything goes during inspection for some reason.

Sent from janky Galaxy S4

Down here pretty much anything goes lol so glad we don't have smog and all that dumb shit

Sent from Tapashit

I really hate all you guys that don't have emissions tests. I need to get my dad to buy an acre in the foothills so we can register the vehicles in a non-smog county here

:haha: we don't have a safety inspection, hell our lift laws in Iowa are no wider than 8'6" and shorter than 13'6" so if you don't stick out past or are taller than a semi van trailer shit is legal.

Love your truck man. I saw where y'all have harvesters. With that being said, can you get any type of Ag tag or farm tag in your state? Might check into that and see if it's possible to obtain and if so what the emissions are for them. Louisiana has some odd stuff, almost can run zoomies or stacks out the hood. Also insurance rates can go down if in the right situation I believe. We have farm tags on a few work trucks and almost anything goes during inspection for some reason.

^^ that's what I was thinking, register it as a farm truck. :shrug:

Nope Ca is different with that stuff. Anything with a bed is a commercial vehicle (pickup, flatbed, big trucks, and even el caminos) We have a plate with all number and 1 letter. All cars (or a pickup with a permanent camper shell) can be registered as a passenger vehicle and has a plate with 3 letters and 4 numbers. It's dumb, but no special farm or truck plates for pickups. We do have ag exemptions for our 2.5 ton flatbeds we use to move tractors and stuff with, because they travel less than 18,000 miles a year they haven't had to been updated to all the new emissions standards until 2017. But we really are fucked when it comes to trucks, because now that the state has been regulating trucks, we will either have to repower our internationals, or sell/scrap them and buy new trucks. Same for all the truck fleets statewide. And the imbeciles want to start regulating diesel tractors, so we may end up having to stop using all our old tractors from the 70s and 80s, which still run perfectly fine, because of the premise that its an older diesel and 'must be dirty' even though they are more fuel efficient than our brand new tier 4 tractors are.

So like I said above it really is like living in a communist country, and they are trying to regulate out the only successful business keeping our economy alive right now which is farming and trucking.

Sorry for the rant, but just trying to make it clear for the rest of you because a lot of this never makes it in the new even locally. As it stands any vehicle 1975 and older does not have to be smogged. But smog tests are only done in the populated counties along the coast and central valley. As soon as you live in a foothill or mountain county there are no required biennial smog checks because so few people live there comparatively The whole situation is fucked!

Nope Ca is different with that stuff. Anything with a bed is a commercial vehicle (pickup, flatbed, big trucks, and even el caminos) We have a plate with all number and 1 letter. All cars (or a pickup with a permanent camper shell) can be registered as a passenger vehicle and has a plate with 3 letters and 4 numbers. It's dumb, but no special farm or truck plates for pickups. We do have ag exemptions for our 2.5 ton flatbeds we use to move tractors and stuff with, because they travel less than 18,000 miles a year they haven't had to been updated to all the new emissions standards until 2017. But we really are fucked when it comes to trucks, because now that the state has been regulating trucks, we will either have to repower our internationals, or sell/scrap them and buy new trucks. Same for all the truck fleets statewide. And the imbeciles want to start regulating diesel tractors, so we may end up having to stop using all our old tractors from the 70s and 80s, which still run perfectly fine, because of the premise that its an older diesel and 'must be dirty' even though they are more fuel efficient than our brand new tier 4 tractors are.

So like I said above it really is like living in a communist country, and they are trying to regulate out the only successful business keeping our economy alive right now which is farming and trucking.

Sorry for the rant, but just trying to make it clear for the rest of you because a lot of this never makes it in the new even locally. As it stands any vehicle 1975 and older does not have to be smogged. But smog tests are only done in the populated counties along the coast and central valley. As soon as you live in a foothill or mountain county there are no required biennial smog checks because so few people live there comparatively The whole situation is fucked!

Man that is bogus. But im 100% with you on the older trucks getting better mpg. The new rigs have way more epa junk on them. The guys with older trucks here used to complain until we got a new truck to try. They hated it. Plus we did too. it wasn't horrible on mpg vs peterbuilt 359's but was still lower no matter how easy it was driven. Cleaner? Possibly who knows, still didn't get that log truck look hahaha. But I wish that every state wouldn't be so iffy about their rules. I got pulled over in Ohio for exhaust but they couldn't do anything. Bogus..

rapu4uva.jpg

Also going to try and make some coil mounts similar to the Katech setup like this. I already ordered new, longer msd plug wires since I broke a few of mine swapping manifolds.
zasygyge.jpg

rims and tires look sick man can wait to see them on the truck !!!! and those mounts look good also

I looked at those coil relocators too cause my brackets are rusty as hell

Sent from my potato

Why not relocate coils and hide them

Their setup is expensive as hell, even for the coil brackets alone, without their valve covers, is $300, and have to use spacers with the setup for the round truck coils like I have.

But I like the look of the coils, just not with the bulky brackets Gm has so I'm gonna redo them. I want to make a top mount bracket like that which will bolt to the top two posts on the stock vc and hold all my coils cleanly and so I can hide the wires below them. Then I want to shave all the other mounting points off the valve covers and maybe try to polish them, or paint them, im not sure yet.

Cant believe I forgot to update my thread, but I think a lot of you follow me on instagram and already saw the boggers.

image_zps03da2800.jpg

image_zpsff1159d8.jpg

image_zps7ecf9ce8.jpg

Out in one of our vineyards where the truck spends about half its time.
image_zps404d07d6.jpg

With my grandpa's 91, has about 65k on the clock and interior and under the hood looks like the day it left gm, only thing is the paint has started to fade like most 90s trucks
image_zps469b40ce.jpg

Little shot of the newest powdered uppers
image_zpsc2cde899.jpg

image_zps140e0d71.jpg

image_zps8c26e3d3.jpg

image_zpsa040c879.jpg

image_zpsd4c62f7f.jpg

image_zps650c9afd.jpg

Last edited:
Started working on a new project. The coil relocation brackets, since i have the big round truck coils its a little more work to make everything fit.
image_zps4f71eab9.jpg

image_zps3df389b2.jpg

Im pretty pleased with how it sits. Need to weld on the little mounting tabs and fab up the rail for the drivers side. I also did a little rewiring to move the stock harness off the top of the intake manifold.

I plan to shave all the other mounting bosses off the covers, weld up the remaining holes and either powder or paint them candy teal.

Also, I'm gonna go back to using photobucket because tapashit makes the pics so small might as well be looking at them on instagram

Last edited:
Powder the brackets teal too. I need to get around deleting that oil cap neck thingy.

You have to remove the valve cover to push the little lock tab that holds it in from underneath. You need a really skinny pick to do it.

And I want to paint my intake tube and engine cover teal to match, but I don't think I'll get a paint to match it close enough so I may redo the intake tube in semigloss black so it blends in better instead.