Lifted 02 Sierra Z71

$50+$8.50?? Granted it's only every 2 years but still! It's $20 flat every year here. I'm with ya on the cats tho, a properly tuned engine on a normal, non all out, or an economy tune should pass no matter what. My Cobra passed just fine without cats but it's got everything else still, my old '94 GT had a decent sized cam, LTs, ORH, smog pump delete and EGR delete and still passed with just a tank of premium and a small timing tweak.

We don't have visual at all here (or if we do, not a single station bothers) but that's the great thing about all my cars, they're too low to look under! :rofl:

fuck smog, all they check here is emissions and they check for the code, and then they look to see a housing, so i just run a dummy housing on mine all hollowed out.

So your guys trucks will pass emissions sniff tests without cats? I wanted to try that, and even asked a friend that does smog, but he said that the state is too strict, and he wouldn't wanna get caught passing a truck without stock exhaust on it. It's a big pain in the ass. And I hate the way they sound with cats on the exhaust, way to quiet for me

We have gas emissions testing in the county i live in, but its obd2 testing, got no codes you pass. County next to me has no emissions testing :mad:
James, yall have emissions on diesels??

Truck looks good as always! That powder is sweet.

Nope all diesels after emissions have to be smogged too, its bs they just check under the hood and make sure you have exhaust and a "cat" under there.

My grandpa showed me something about a new law passed in CA that will only have obd testing now on 2000 and up, but its supposed to come into affect later this year

So your guys trucks will pass emissions sniff tests without cats? I wanted to try that, and even asked a friend that does smog, but he said that the state is too strict, and he wouldn't wanna get caught passing a truck without stock exhaust on it. It's a big pain in the ass. And I hate the way they sound with cats on the exhaust, way to quiet for me
Yeah, 1 cammed (94) mustang with a terrible tune passed the rollers/sniffer test with some tinkering, 1 5.3 Z71 stock tune with LTs/ORY, and now 1 4.6 catless cobra all have passed the sniffer/OBD plugin tests. It's alllllll in the tune/health of the motor. The main thing I do with a car is make sure it's in top shape tune up wise before hand, full tank of premium, back the timing off a tad, and run the absolute shit out of it so it's good and hot before it goes in so it's burning cleanest.

We have gas emissions testing in the county i live in, but its obd2 testing, got no codes you pass. County next to me has no emissions testing :mad:
James, yall have emissions on diesels??
Same here, Gwinnett has emissions, the neighboring northern counties don't. We have OBD1 rollers/sniffers and OBD2 plug in/sniffer. But no visuals either way.

i only get plugged in obd2

only way you get sniffed is if your older than 96.

diesels should have emissions as long as your pre 2007 or 8 iirc

Diesels are same here, pre 07/08 whatever it is are exempt as are trucks past a certain GVW

Ya well living in california is like a communist country. The populated areas down south and in the bay make our laws. And even here in the great tree hugging hippie state not every county has smog either. Only the highly populated ones in the valley and down south. Farther north and in the mountains they dont have bs smog checks.

NJ has state ran inspection, taxes pay for it, we dont have to pay to be inspected.

But you pay taxes, right? :cheeky:

Only part of the state has sniffers. Upstate by my parents it's $21 and just an obd test, but down near the city and the island, it's like $40 with a sniffer iirc.

This is part of why I plan on moving farther north of here, get out of the emissions area. There's only 13 counties in Ga that require it out of 159 :areyousrs:

Fuck that smog bullshit

I pay billy bob down at the old white trash mechanic shop $20 and he writes me off an inspection ticket. Never even gets off his chair to look at my truck in the lot lolol

I went to take my s10 not too long ago and he signed me off and said "so what illegal on this one?" I said just a tinted windshield. He said oh that's no biggy Hahah

I need to find one of these. Only thing illegal on my truck is 15% roll-ups and I just roll them down when I go in.

Sub'd. Love this truck. Lol no emissions or smog or any of that shit here, know a couple guys at the local shell that right me a 2 year inspection for 20 bucks

I really hate all you guys that don't have emissions tests. I need to get my dad to buy an acre in the foothills so we can register the vehicles in a non-smog county here

Love your truck man. I saw where y'all have harvesters. With that being said, can you get any type of Ag tag or farm tag in your state? Might check into that and see if it's possible to obtain and if so what the emissions are for them. Louisiana has some odd stuff, almost can run zoomies or stacks out the hood. Also insurance rates can go down if in the right situation I believe. We have farm tags on a few work trucks and almost anything goes during inspection for some reason.

Sent from janky Galaxy S4