Lifted 02 Sierra Z71

Went and took some more quick pics today while the truck is still clean.
hy3aduna.jpg

epajaje6.jpg

ja3yqa2u.jpg

aduqatad.jpg

pygatabe.jpg

For those of you interested I did all the work on the hood
myself. I wouldnt say it was terribly difficult to do, but i am borderline ocd so it had to be perfect to me. I had the hood on and off the truck multiple times to check the fitment, then remove to weld, then grind down and check the fit again. I got the lines around the headlights as close to stock as i could get. I also had to grind the backs, because while they dont hit the fender stock, the chevy hood lines dont match the curvature of the gmc fenders.
Here's my initial cuts. I know they were rough.

5u2uvemu.jpg

qysy4e8u.jpg

nudy3eny.jpg

ty5e9usa.jpg

upa6u3ar.jpg

Then i welded in the piece i cut off to fill in the hole. And smoothed it down.
I didnt take any pics of that. But we used a small amount of filler on the tops to correct some warpage, and some filler across the front very thinly to fill some small dents and lots of rock chips. Also a small amount of filler on the bottom to smooth out where the grinder couldnt reach.

dadymymu.jpg

una7ajut.jpg

pe3esavu.jpg

Got some time to finally finish up the new welds. Let me say it was not a fun task, but im pleased with the results.
e2u9ater.jpg
before, and after acid washing to remove brake dust on the right.

y6yja8a2.jpg

7ataqury.jpg

je2anyru.jpg

jaguba7e.jpg

ehapu9ag.jpg

Also added a little more powder and chrome under the truck dont have any real good pics since i installed most of it in the dark

emury3ad.jpg

2y3yzu3y.jpg

a6a9ahab.jpg

qe5yte5y.jpg

eqary3eb.jpg

Thanks for all the love guys, hopefully ill have some clean pics this week and a little new stuff to post up

Well this weekend/ monday/ tuesday was fun...
Was due for an oil change and my oil pan had been leaking a little so i thought Id change the pan gasket. Figured the pan would clear my lift but i was wrong by about 3/8"

qypa7uhu.jpg

When i finally got it unbolted and dropped down it wouldnt slide out from under the bell housing by a little bit. So the solution was to remove the motor and trans mount bolts and lift the whole engine up so i could get it to slide out. This also meant I had to unbolt the pickup tube to slide the pan out.

quqyqada.jpg

a9y2e3ep.jpg

Well i finally got it out. Then commenced to cleaning everything up so i could reinstall.

ygereter.jpg

It was much easier to put back in but tightening the pickup tube back in was difficult. I ended up using a swivel and 18" extension for most all of the bolts.

Then I also had to remove all the headers and exhaust and swap it back to my old stuff so I could smog the truck.

Fast forward to this morning and she did pass smog with the cam so I'm happy all the work wasn't for nothing. But the headers will be back with a few mods once I finish school in two weeks.
qutejuma.jpg

That sucks so bad y'all have visual too. As long as the tune's good she'd pass here even with the LTs/no cats. Glad to hear you didn't have any issues with the cam tho

:nice:

Glad to hear it passed smog, I'm sure that's a royal pain out there.

Yeah every two years so it's not too bad

That sucks so bad y'all have visual too. As long as the tune's good she'd pass here even with the LTs/no cats. Glad to hear you didn't have any issues with the cam tho

Yeah I've heard that before, I'm really skeptical that cat's really do that much anyways besides remove the smell of an engine idling. It's just disappointing how little sound there is with the cats on too lol
It just really pisses me off because the state makes you pay a private business $50 now to smog your vehicle, which is just a visual inspection for all emission parts and a sniffer, and then another $8.50 for them to send your passing certificate to the state. It's hard to get people to pass you without everything right too. so that's why I just took a few hours to put all the stock stuff back on.

Yeah I've heard that before, I'm really skeptical that cat's really do that much anyways besides remove the smell of an engine idling. It's just disappointing how little sound there is with the cats on too lol
It just really pisses me off because the state makes you pay a private business $50 now to smog your vehicle, which is just a visual inspection for all emission parts and a sniffer, and then another $8.50 for them to send your passing certificate to the state. It's hard to get people to pass you without everything right too. so that's why I just took a few hours to put all the stock stuff back on.

$50+$8.50?? Granted it's only every 2 years but still! It's $20 flat every year here. I'm with ya on the cats tho, a properly tuned engine on a normal, non all out, or an economy tune should pass no matter what. My Cobra passed just fine without cats but it's got everything else still, my old '94 GT had a decent sized cam, LTs, ORH, smog pump delete and EGR delete and still passed with just a tank of premium and a small timing tweak.

We don't have visual at all here (or if we do, not a single station bothers) but that's the great thing about all my cars, they're too low to look under! :rofl:

Fuck that smog bullshit

I pay billy bob down at the old white trash mechanic shop $20 and he writes me off an inspection ticket. Never even gets off his chair to look at my truck in the lot lolol