Khaos' RCSB Thread

But that goes back to the fact that I'm already going from a 4.8 with - 10 torque to a 370.

I am probably just gonna stick with the 243s and tbss for now. Already have them and can always sell down the road to fund bigger and better things.

Do this. Later down the road when you want more power/torque, save up for a nice set of cathedral port heads AFR/MMS/TFS/Mast and do a custom spec'd cam for that setup with a FAST LSXRT. This will net you all the hp/TQ possible with your setup. Why would you give up TQ when you're spending the same money and can keep it?

As said, your Trans/clutch is gonna hate you. So use that money you were going to spend on an L92 too end and upgrade those. Power is useless if it can't get to the ground....

A good performing engine is a package deal. Everything needs to be setup to work together and properly or you're just wasting your time really. What head gasket are you using? Are you setting the quench by HG thickness or milling the heads? What CR are you going for?

I am planning on using LS9 head gaskets. The heads are already milled 030. I've done a few cr calculations online but I don't think they're accurate. Or maybe they are lol.

What I think is going to happen is, the trans will hold up fine, but the rear probably won't. So that will be next on the list, followed by the trans.

I need to do another cr calc and see what you guys think, if it's right or not.
So when are you tubing the rear for race slicks?

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd
Gonna try and fit a DR as it sits eventually. Next year though, the traction will kill my rear lol.

So based on this calculator from TMS

http://www.thompsonmotorsports.net/calculator.php

I should be at or close to 12:1.

243s have a 64.45cc combustion chamber. Milling 030" will reduce the chamber size by ~4.28cc, giving me a 60.17cc chamber. I used 60cc just for a round number.

5f1f5d5097459d5a3e4ef613044d6c56.jpg

f4fdbaa80afff13f93586d827deb1138.jpg

953cd55324878363f101bbb51253ac0c.jpg

Anyone have any guesses for powah? Should run ok at that comp :crazy:

I don't think it'll be that high honestly. Probably more like 400-415 wheel. Which I am totally cool with lol

u dont HAVE to run ls6 valley cover if you dont want to. Cant run ls6 on gen4 motors....gen3 only. If you do run it, then you can plumb it like I have it with catch can or just go from the nipple to the top of the intake manifold and cap off the driver side VC nipple. The pass side vc still hooks up to the intake tube like the NNBS intake swap how to shows.

Last edited:
u dont HAVE to run ls6 valley cover if you dont want to. Cant run ls6 on gen4 motors....gen3 only. If you do run it, then you can plumb it like I have it with catch can or just go from the nipple to the top of the intake manifold and cap off the driver side VC nipple. The pass side vc still hooks up to the intake tube like the NNBS intake swap how to shows.

Any advantages of the LS6 cover plumbed like that?
:yuno: buy head studs?

EDIT:
:yuno: buy 12 Pts
Lol I don't need studs. Didn't realize those were the hex heads though, meant to post the 12pts.

I've learned more on this last page than I have my entire membership here

:themoreyouknow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk