Khaos' RCSB Thread

Yes you can use the TB. I'm not a fan of rect port heads on heavier vehicles due to the lack of intake manifold options. It's either a better flow intake with the TBSS and less flowing heads (243's) or a less flowing intake and better flowing heads. For rect port you will lose low end torque on any of the Holley's, Car intake, LSXR, or MSD vs a Fast LSXRT.

Well, knowing that it's a reg cab, I don't tow or haul (occasional bike 1-2x a year) 5 speed manual, what is your suggestion? It isn't a dd. I mean, I might lose torque with that setup, but I'm still gaining so much just going from the 4.8 to a 370.

Lol its not just gonna be racetroka though.

Just doing some reading, seeing a lot to support what Jake said. Anything besides a stock LS3 head setup flows too much for a 370.

Because it's still a truck id be after all the torque I can get. Torque is what's fun stop light to stop light and I'm sure that's what ur after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that goes back to the fact that I'm already going from a 4.8 with - 10 torque to a 370.

I am probably just gonna stick with the 243s and tbss for now. Already have them and can always sell down the road to fund bigger and better things.

But that goes back to the fact that I'm already going from a 4.8 with - 10 torque to a 370.

I am probably just gonna stick with the 243s and tbss for now. Already have them and can always sell down the road to fund bigger and better things.
This is what I would do. With what you've got you're on your way to a solid 375-400hp setup probably. That'll be tons of fun for a while and you can upgrade later

Sent from a dingleberry

I've read a lot of threads from guys who have either boosted their 4.8/5.3 or swapped a 6.0 in front of this trans and so long as you shift slower than a grandma, it won't grenade. Seen them hold north of 500 wheel and take it. Just need to make it last til next summer really. Then I'll T56 swap and be good to go.