Khaos' RCSB Thread

Yeah I took the truck to work today and I'm gonna check when I get home just to see what ~40 miles looks like on them. Hell, if I have to replace them once a year or so I don't mind. I'll have to try and work on slightly better routing though, if they cooperate.

Update on this heap.

After a lot of back and forth, talking with a few people, mainly my dad, I've reached the "fuck it, why not" stage.

A Thompson Motorsports 370 shortblock along with their 226/232 cam kit, melling oil pump, and jp billet single roller timing set will be here in 4-5 weeks. Pretty excited about this and actually feeling like the truck is getting to where I want it to be.

So, that leaves some parts to sell. I'll be posting my EPS cam kit for sale here shortly. I also need to pull the blue LS6 springs off the 243s to sell.

I am planning on running a TBSS intake on the 370. I have 2 sets of injectors though, the stock tbss injectors and a set of flex fuels. If my research h is correct, the flex fuels are 36 lb/hr while the tbss' are 29 lb/hr. With a fbo 370, would the flex injectors be enough? Or should I be looking for marine 8.1s?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from summit also, gaskets, hardware, covers, waterpump, valve covers, fluids, etc. If anyone has a line on a used xlink let me know, definitely looking to buy asap.

I'll update this more once more parts are ordered and arrive. Fs threads will be up soon, but in the mean time just pm me about stuff.

Damn I like the sound of that!

It's how I feel about my truck too, It only has to survive one more year of daily driver status and then I can retire it to a weekend toy and build up a 6.0 engine for it.

Thanks, I'm really tired of always putting off doing shit to this thing. I was gonna buy a bunch of stuff for the car and then I talked myself into putting that money towards this instead.

Only thing right now I need to figure out is if PTV is gonna be an issue or not. I'm gonna give them a call back today just to see.

Would be intrested in cam but no monies and I'm sure that was specd out with a 2wd low truck in mind not a 4x4 trying to turn heavy ass rolling stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True true, it's that intake replacement mod tho lol. That would be cool one day, but not any time soon for me