Khaos' RCSB Thread

Just OBDII. And you're allowed 6/7 sensors to be working, so I should be good.

All those drafting classes are paying off!
Lucky we have what we call the sniffer here. They stick a wand up the tailpipe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have the sniffer here too. You can beat it pretty easy. My first mustang had a 5.0 with a cam way to big for stock heads, long tubes, no cats and a less than ideal tune. Just filled it up with premium, did a tune up on it, ran the everliving shit out of it to get it hot, retarded the timing and it passed just fine. I've passed with 3 separate vehicles without cats. But for OBDII vehicles they just plug in the port and test the fuel cap and you're good. As long as the tune is fine and you have 6 of 7 sensors working you're good

Plans look good Chris, the only thing I would suggest is ball and socket flanges. I've always had problems with flat flanges leaking. Should sound great tho

Sent from Tapatwat

Hmm, will price out those flanges. Only went with flat ones because headers already have the 3 bolt flanges welded on and the y pipe has a 2 bolt flange on there.

Nothing a cut off wheel can't fix, but just trying to use what I already have/will get.

They stick a wand up the tailpipe

121245110468_ATT.jpg~original

Yeah, it's really up to you. It'd def be easier to stick with 3 bolt but just my experience they blow seals out all the time

Sent from Tapatwat

They fit on your ORY? What brand are your headers/y? Please take some pics for me, that's ideally what I'd like to do, but couldn't really find anything besides buying Kooks headers and catted y for like $1400 lol

not installed yet but they fit....only reason theyre not welded on is cuz my welder wasnt at his shop when I went down there :pissed:

59959-t.jpg

The plan is to cut down the 3" pipe on the cats right up to where it starts tapering out. That cuts down the cat to a little over 5" long.

cat59959-length.jpg

Then were gonna weld the slip fit end from the ORY onto the cat. So now the cat will slip onto the header collector (CalSpeed doesnt use 3 bolt flange). Then the other end of the cat gets welded to the rest of the ORY.

In your case, your headers already have a flange....so if you have room, trim the header collector as much as u can, almost right up against the o2 bung and re-weld the flange there. Then weld a flange onto the cat and the rest of the ORY to the other end....its pretty simple since the cats are tiny.

I could always just remove the flange, since Pacesetters are slip fit normally, the previous owner just put flanges on just because.

That seems easy af and makes my life much simpler lol

Keeping the 3 bolt flange is fine too....i just dont run that cuz low. If you go with the slip fit option, you need these lil guys from vibrant or magnaflow $10ea

91qXuuvRHVL._SL1500_.jpg

Using the slip fit bands takes up too much space cuz theyre more than twice as wide. The single design will clamp fine, just cut some slots on the pipe that slips over the collectors.

1970-camaro-exhaust-install-slip-fit.jpg

Not to be wider than the band clamp u use.

:happehdog:

Some good ideas in here about cats. I currently have mine setup like Chris' drawing, with a hollow stock cat clamped after the ory, but last time I smogged I had to swap to all stock stuff. I've been told now California is doing obd plug in testing only so I may be bale to get away with leaving the headers on this year

Some good ideas in here about cats. I currently have mine setup like Chris' drawing, with a hollow stock cat clamped after the ory, but last time I smogged I had to swap to all stock stuff. I've been told now California is doing obd plug in testing only so I may be bale to get away with leaving the headers on this year

Youll still fail the visual inspection unless ur cool with the tech

Just got off the phone with Geoff @ EPS.

Told him what I had, had for parts & plans, and he got me set up with a complete kit.

Going with a 218/226 .604/.604 113+2 on EPS lobes, BTR dual springs, 7.375" pushrods, and the other stuff from his cam combo kit.

Should be here in 3ish weeks! Now I just have to get my exhaust stuff figured out and I'll be set.