Khaos' RCSB Thread

who's tuning?

Local shop, Quantum Raceworks. He's been tuning basically every kind of setup out there. Big cam LS motors, SC'd motors, LS swaps in other vehicles, and other brands as well. Very good reviews from people I actually know, so I will go with him.

trunion upgrade youre going to want a press and some spare hands, takes a little time to remove and press in bearings on 16 rockers.

so the revival of this thread means we will see progress on the truck soon? Painted bumper plastics? I think Khaos moves slower on mods than I do lol

Thanks for the tip, my dad is usually willing to help out with anything I have going on, so I'm good there.

And that's the idea. Bump it so you guys keep asking when shit is gonna get done so I stop delaying for no reason :rofl:

ive got a bunch of rockers if u want some spares

Might grab one or two just to practice on before attempting for real.

:areyousrs:

:yuno: liberty

Idk, but I just assumed with a large dome and shaved heads you would have to really be careful with PTV clearance, no?

And never looked into Liberty. How are they?

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

There's a local guy with an LS3 in his wrx here. Its RWD, has a cam and a few other things. It has a VERY difficult time staying in a straight line.

Lol I bet it's absolutely absurd and I love it.

Stay away from #homiehookups. Lol

Imo. No homie hookups here though. There are plenty of good reviews on the guy doing the tuning, so I feel confident going with him.

So I've been looking at y-pipes the last half hour or so. The headers I have are 1 3/4" from Pacesetter. I would really like to run high flow cats, but I haven't found a y-pipe that will bolt up that has cats. I also have a cutout I want to run.

So my options are:

1. Order pacesetter y-pipe and have a cat added. Where though? After the y merge and before the cutout? Or have the cutout right after the merge and run the cat after that?

2. Have a custom y pipe made with cats and then run my cutout after the y merge

3. ??? maybe I'm missing something

What is everyone's take on it?

Or:

Have cutout be band clamped on aka removable. Get cat to fit in same spot, and just swap them out for inspections? Might be the easiest option.

^^^Thinking of just doing this and making my life a lot easier.^^^

Last edited:
Another thread bump but idgaf, just organizing my thoughts before I forget what I'm doing.

Here's my cart on Summit right now

hEIzSdj.png

gNuPk9c.png

BmlfHZm.png

Here's my thought process:

1. Headers to ORY
2. a. ORY to flanged cutout section (leave on almost 100% of the time)
2. b. ORY to flanged cat section (just for inspections)
3. Flange on cutout/cat side to "intermediate pipe" going to muffler
4. Muffler welded in after intermediate pipe
5. Run the exhaust high up over the axle and have it dump out near the rear bumper

Just a quick drawing of how it will be set up. Pretty straight forward, but for some reason took a lot of planning lol

21986d99bab8a53dc5972b914924ae8c.jpg

Stock is 2 cats. The Y pipe for the headers has 0 cats. I would like to be able to add one just for inspection purposes. Just to say it's there.

Gotcha I guess you guys don't have emissions check where you are?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk