Khaos' RCSB Thread

What you did there, I see it.

:laugh:

I do agree. I don't think this truck will see 22s with what I have planned. Just not enough sidewall for me.

I'd rock titan 18s or the 20s if I couldn't find an oem gm wheel I liked :shrug: they're clean and look decent.

Weeeelllllllllllllllllllllllll shit finally started getting done on the truck, after many delays and much talk. Pictars speak for themselves.

bYY0Lbk.jpg

xJxoJPa.jpg

sQZwBTB.jpg

ClebItN.jpg

vY7fzFC.jpg

nBqA6l0.jpg

4QSuhfh.jpg

xE3rTsF.jpg

RwLBBA4.jpg

My dad has been putting in a ton of time on the bed while I'm at work and he has most everything how he wants it. He's a huge perfectionist and actually is behind his schedule he set :laugh: he wanted to have it primed this past weekend, but he is making sure every little detail is good to go.

Still left to do:

-Coat underside of bed again
-Wrap up bed body work
-Prime bed
-Redo tailgate bodywork where it was shaved
-Prime tailgate
-Fix rockers and few small dents on the rest of the body panels
-Prime as necessary
-Fix air dam
-Paint bed, all panels, air dam, tailgate, mirrors, bumper plastics
-Clear polish and install

I'm hoping to have it done for the weekend NJ meet in October if all goes well. I really wanna see the bed in primer and the rockers fixed before I leave for school on the 23rd. Everything else will be quick after those are all set. I seriously can't wait to drive a truck that isn't more than one color :laugh:

Looking good Chris, I bet you'll be happy knowing you've got the underside of the bed all coated now. You're definitely taking your time and doing it right which will pay off in the end.

So if I'm reading this right, you plan to repaint the entire truck at one time? And you've shaved the holes and stake pockets in the bed?

How bad are the rockers, just surface rust that can be coated over?

Fuck yeah dewd

Hell yeah man! Sweet, can't wait to see it done!!

Thanks guys!

now were getting progress.

is your dad the guy with the crazy hair in the background?

Yeah, that's him :laugh:

Looking good Chris, I bet you'll be happy knowing you've got the underside of the bed all coated now. You're definitely taking your time and doing it right which will pay off in the end.

Yep, can't wait but I want it to be fucking miiiint, so I'll deal with the time it takes.

also i hope you get this bitch done in time for the meet.

Working on it!

So if I'm reading this right, you plan to repaint the entire truck at one time? And you've shaved the holes and stake pockets in the bed?

How bad are the rockers, just surface rust that can be coated over?

Yes, Gonna hopefully spray everything at the same time to keep the variations to a minimum from mixing. Metallic is a bitch like that. Rockers I posted a page or two ago. No rot, but a bit more than surface rust. May have to make filler plates or something once we see how bad it is.

If it was me I'd just bedliner or undercoat the rockers cause the truck is lowered no one will ever see them anyways.

But... I'd know it's there and it would bug me knowing we did all the other work to make sure everything was perfect just to gloss over the rockers. I see where you're coming from though.