Khaos' RCSB Thread

You and me both. I'm also gonna go ahead and get the bed bedlined after this next coat of primer goes on. That way they won't fuck up the paint and I don't have to look at a scratched to hell bed when this is all done.

Would like to have a booth to paint in. As of now all my paint has been done in the garage. I take for ever to clean out every single spec of dust before I paint tho. Kind of a pain.

how does the copper cool the air? im confused

you mean to try to get the moisture out of the air?

i have always used a small filter setup to get the moisture out of my lines.

The air coming straight out of the air compressor is going to be hot so the longer lines that you have the air has more time to cool down. Using long air lines and good filters will help keep any moisture out.

Yeah pops messed up years ago and bought the loudest oil-less compressor. Fucking thing will make you go deaf. But he gets a ton of moisture out of it, hence the ~30ft of copper piping and filter system. It works.

That's a sweet setup. I started learning how to do more painting this summer, and we just hung up some tarps in our farm shop. not really ideal, but the trailer I painted came out pretty damn good actually.

I'd love to have a spare garage just to make into a paint booth, because we paint all kinds of stuff and I'm usually outside in the wind :(

oil-less compressors do suck, sooo loud and so much more heat.
Hence the water in the hoses issue.
That's a sweet setup. I started learning how to do more painting this summer, and we just hung up some tarps in our farm shop. not really ideal, but the trailer I painted came out pretty damn good actually.

I'd love to have a spare garage just to make into a paint booth, because we paint all kinds of stuff and I'm usually outside in the wind :(
Nice man! I'm kinda upset that I won't be there when he sprays it at all due to school. I kinda wanted to watch it and get a feel for it.
just make sure you wet the floor where you are painting to keep the dust down.
Yeah literally everything in the bay is being moved out, blown out and hosed down. My dad will spend a whole day doing that from the ceiling down.