Khaos' RCSB Thread

Tackled a little under hood work that I've been meaning to do for a while now.

This fgt bracket was rusty as all hell, so out it came.

14306886603_bfa8713b31_c.jpg

14286697175_7c5d1546d3_c.jpg

All painted and re-installed

14100043510_6caf382aa8_c.jpg

14263570156_00b7ebe0e6_c.jpg

And finished up by removing the black material and waterless washing the engine bay quick

14284673542_16b1f8e3b7_c.jpg

14286148864_1d13328613_c.jpg

I was gonna wash it too, but it's supposed to rain tonight and again thursday, so not even gonna bother

Yeah there's a few plastic push pins that you can pop out pretty easy. Then the black shit just comes right off.

I need to find something that looks better to make a new hood insulator out of because the one that came with my HD hood is all torn from someone pressure washing it.

Chris: For your cam swap, if I'm understanding correctly you have plans to turbo the truck in the future correct? But want to run a cammed 4.8 in the mean time?
If that is true I would only do what's barely necessary to swap in the cam, hardened pushrods are good insurance (the comp ones I got a way heavier and better built over the stockers), valve springs, new front cover and front crank seals, and I'd do the comp trunion upgrade because again it's way heavier built and smoother rolling over the stock needle bearings. You can cam the engine for around $700 if you shop around and even get used parts from the forums, like pushrods or springs. Then you will have more money leftover for paint and turbo work, because if you do blow up the 4.8 then all the fancy parts you put in new may be junk and its wasted money is how I see it. Just my .02 since I have done this.

Yeah that's what I'll end up doing, especially with my turbo plans. Just do enough for the cam for now and then spend more down the road.

So I went to change my oil and saw this when I stuck my head under there:

A4UVYnQ.jpg

8RjbAuT.jpg

Anyone know what they're called or where I can find a set? They're in extremely bad shape and I'd like to swap them sometime soon.

Also checked out my driver's side rocker because I knew that one was the worse of the two:

1VNNqXY.jpg

BbanatH.jpg

Fuck the northeast man, this shit is brutal on vehicles. Got the truck all lubed up and decided to wash it too.

Foam cannon

BbSWoyZ.jpg

After sitting for ~5 minutes

Q4cZ6N5.jpg

Z1YE2ll.jpg

BimyDS6.jpg

All done

GCdCF5b.jpg

I was gonna clay it and wax it, then I remembered that it'll be sanded down in two weeks anyway :laugh:

And it looks like I'm gonna be going a bit further than just the bed and plastics with the truck. Already setting money aside for more paint to do the whole thing!

:happeh:

Thanks man. I think 22 SSS wheels would look good on there too if I went a little lower. Only plans for height changes are one more inch out back and helpers though

Really? They're not needed for side-to-side support? I could probably make a set myself out of some beefier bars too... :hmm:

99-02 never had them, never had an issue with the Silvy :shrug: just take them off and see if you notice a difference.

:orly:

Didn't know that the earlier trucks didn't have them. Will try it out and report back.

I just didn't wanna leave them on there while being half rotted away. Just asking for one to break loose @ 70 lol