Khaos' RCSB Thread

It's a proven turbo cam :read:

It makes good power NA and it's a great cam for boost. Not doing the work twice, so this is my choice.

:word:

That's the idea. When I talked to Jarret, he said it'll be a great NA cam. That's the cam he runs in his turbo truck too.

How many miles are on the 4.8? I understand doing all the stuff while youre in there because of wanting to turbo it, but for a cam swap you really only need the cam and pushrods and a few gaskets if the motor isnt worn out

How many miles are on the 4.8? I understand doing all the stuff while youre in there because of wanting to turbo it, but for a cam swap you really only need the cam and pushrods and a few gaskets if the motor isnt worn out

I forget exactly, but it has like 110k right now I think. It'll have less than 120k on it by the time I swap this summer. I suppose you're right, leave well enough alone for now.

I read the the trunion upgrade isn't need unless ur goin to be turning high rpms. .

Well, the 4.8s love to rev, so maybe I should do it to be in the safe side. It's stock valve train and I already turn it to 6200 lol. I'll keep it on the list.

My engine had 100k when i did my cam and i just did new front cover seals, hardened pushrods, comp trunion upgrade, which is worth the cash imo because the new bearings they give are way nicer and stronger compared to the stock needle bearings. No need for roller rockers unless you have a seriously high lift cam, and i left everything else alone. The way i look at it is theres no need to change unless its broken. I also have done knock sensors and intake manifold gaskets at another time.

I'm also gonna do my efans at that time because it'll give me more room to do the cam with all that out of the way and I can swap in the bigger rad then too. Plus LTs if I have the cash to get them this go around.

No way on touching anything besides what is necessary to do the cam swap with that mileage unless you notice an issue. Also when i did my cam swap in my single cab years ago i never heard of the trunion upgrade. Now that i have a new project I see the upgrade around forums daily. That said i ran a 224 cam in my 5.3 from 65k to 136k before i traded it and all i swapped was cam/springs/pushrods. Never had a problem, driven daily.

Good to know. I tend to want to do everything from a preventative standpoint. But as stated, it's not a huge cam at all so it won't be as stressful on all the other parts.

If all goes well I'll be ordering most parts in the next month or so.