Khaos' RCSB Thread

Thanks guys. Geoff I don't know what wattage honestly, they're ebay IIRC.

Edit: Missed this somehow:

This is a good idea. I am facing the same thing right now and was considering panels / door switches instead of the custom route. Looking good man.

I've read a few threads on it and it seems to be the best way to go about doing it. I'll link the threads later and when I tackle it I'll be sure to document it well.

Last edited:
I have AT's on my winter wheels. It handles fine, just very light in the back. I usually have 300lbs of sand in it during the winter. I'm careful to ease in to the throttle because, even though it's just a tuned 4.8, it still will spin very easily.

I wouldn't be scared, just cautious. I don't drive at 60+ on the highway like I did with my HD in the snow that's for sure lol.

how does it compare to really slick roads? when we get a good long rain i usually start out in second cause the spin is horrible and it doesn't go anywhere with the open diff

Very similar. I'm in the same boat when it rains at school. High traffic volume equals slick oily roads. Snow can be a bit slicker though, especially with ice underneath.

Made some progress on getting my retro done. Got the projectors out after having to heat them for a few minutes each.

IMG_20131225_144907_zpsfd6e3c7c.jpg

Gonna swing by the hardware store tomorrow to get what I need for the plates to work. I'll test fit them, then take them off and clear the lights. More progress pics over the next day or two.

Also, looking at scooping a pair of 99-02 interior panels for $150 shipped on ebay so I can start planning my power windows/locks conversion.

Same here. I think the maker was a bit cross eyed when he cut these :crazy:

I'll probably drill the plates vs drill the projectors because that plastic will cracked very easily. I'll throw up some pics when I do

Got everything working and figured out for the retro. Looks fucking awesome at night. Got some output pics but they look like crap, so I'm gonna get some with the dslr tomorrow probably.

Also threw some 5k hids in my fogs and they seemed to match very well. I will probably aim them down a bit though, they threw a bit too much light upwards for my liking.

IMG_20131227_122340_zps27cd404f.jpg

IMG_20131227_200014_zps8e8dd9cb.jpg

IMG_20131227_200020_zpse443d828.jpg