Khaos' RCSB Thread

Exactly my thoughts. I just have to source a set of pistons so I can have the block honed because of the one bad piston.

Swapped in my led brake lights and turn signal lights. I opted for the cree brake lights for the added visibility and let me tell you, they are super bright.

Untitled by chris.farragher, on Flickr

I'll have to get some good night time shots of them one day.

Exactly my thoughts. I just have to source a set of pistons so I can have the block honed because of the one bad piston.

Didn't take long to find some either. I hopped on ls1tech and found a guy selling a few sets of them. Paid $200 for the set of LQ9/LS2 pistons and rods. They're being shipped tomorrow so I should see them this week hopefully. That's about it for the motor as of now with me going back to school. I'm probably gonna look for a job there so I can make a few bucks.

The only other things I may buy soon-ish are a bracket for the overhead console I have sitting around and possibly some suede for the headliner. That'll probably be a winter project though. I'll be disassembling the motor the weekends I come back home so I can hopefully have it honed and cleaned over my winter break. Then I'll start piecing more parts together for it.

Lol mines alright, it definitely has scratches and dents in it though. I've used it plenty though. But no mo four wheeler to load up, and I don't work at the motorcycle shop anymore. That's where I used it most.

Let me just say, to anyone considering installing a sway bar on the rear DO. IT. NOW.

Told ya, LOVE mine.

Swapped in my led brake lights and turn signal lights. I opted for the cree brake lights for the added visibility and let me tell you, they are super bright.

Same ones I have in my reverse(white), turn signals/drl(amber). They are bright as shit.

Last edited:
Told ya, LOVE mine.

Same ones I have in my reverse(white), turn signals/drl(amber). They are bright as shit.

Yeah man, I love driving it so much more now with that.

i have them in my reverse they are bright

I have them sitting on my desk and they don't fit. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

I plan on eventually going to all cree bulbs in everything. But by that time they'll have something brighter :rofl:

I have those bulbs in my all clear tails and they light up everything, I've actually had pull people up next to me and tell me my brake lights are too bright at night lol

The bed work and 6l look like fun. Shit I need to find me a 6.0 for cheap...

Yeah..."fun"

:crazy:

It's is, and I'm learning as I go which is good. Not enough skills to make money at it, but just to do my own stuff in the future ya know.

I just really can't wait to be out of school so I have an actual income hahah

So I figure I should bump this up and post some updates. Nothing new on the truck, yet. What I have waiting after school is done in a few weeks is:

-Clear the set of denali's I have
-Retro fit the projectors after I get plates from Bryan
-Install my overhead console and possibly paint it
-Suede the headliner if Daniel ever remembers to give me a price and ship it
-Throw some HIDs in my fogs also

All that stuff is bought besides the retro plates and suede/adhesives

Also looking into a power window/power lock conversion by way of using 99-02 door panels and switches. That way I don't have to replace the whole dash harness and mess with the bcm. I have a lead on both panels with harnesses for a good price, just waiting on a shipping quote and some holiday cash.

Oh, and because updates are useless without pics, have some from the NJ meet, that's the last time it was clean :crazy:

10434554583_0a3bed8547_c.jpg

So I figure I should bump this up and post some updates. Nothing new on the truck, yet. What I have waiting after school is done in a few weeks is:
Also looking into a power window/power lock conversion by way of using 99-02 door panels and switches. That way I don't have to replace the whole dash harness and mess with the bcm. I have a lead on both panels with harnesses for a good price, just waiting on a shipping quote and some holiday cash.

This is a good idea. I am facing the same thing right now and was considering panels / door switches instead of the custom route. Looking good man.

those cree reverse bulbs what wattage are they? I have 9W ones, but they don't have the small led's wrapped around the light, just the larger spotlight.