Khaos' RCSB Thread

Re: Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

Okay guys, the semester is over! That means I head home Friday and hopefully start teardown that day or at least this weekend! I've been so anxious to finally get this thing dropped.

Couple last minute questions though:

1. Shims- where to buy them and how to measure pinion angle? I'll research more when I'm not of my phone.

2. Shock extenders- are they really needed? If so I can order some quick and put them on too.

Thanks and looking forward to pic whoring very soon :D

how much drop are you doing, if over 4in, shock extenders will improve the ride because it will place the shock at more of a vertical position like factory, vs being layed over and allowed to pivot on the mount rather than compress.

Arnt you going 4/6? Yes to shock extenders.

Yes to 4/6. Tha ks for the info Bryan, I'll hunt some down.

Fixing bedside too?

:poke:

Possibly. Depends on my dad's work schedule really. Drop is priority though.

I haz extra mcghaughys shock extenders :D and fox resi's

chris you wont by fox resi's you bitch. i wish i could.

Do want fox resi's. Saw the ones in the classifieds too and was like :drool: dfw, but no monies.

Rfugio, willing to part with the extenders? I'll shoot you a pm.

Yes, gingers actually have names too! :cheeky:

Me too dude, been a long time coming for this damned thing lol. I'm almost more excited about cleaning up the frame though, it needs it.

And 99.9% sure I'm buying Rey's shock extenders, so only questions now was about shims? I think summit has them, just need to measure after I'm dropped correct? And is it alright to drive the truck for a little while without adjusting the pinion angle?

Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

I've never adjusted my pinion angle, it isn't off much but I haven't had any problems

Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

But yea, just measure the angle after its dropped to see what you need shim wise

Finally! Cant wait to see this thing lowered, and im at 4/8 with no shims..

i was 5/7 on my OBS with no shims.

5/7 on my rcsb no shims

Good to hear, but I'll play it safe anyway.

Brandon, (or anyone really) question for ya: did you have any wheel hop before lowering the rcsb? And did lowering it (via rear flip) reduce/eliminate it?

Mine hops like crazy and I'm hoping the rear flip will reduce it some and keep me from getting traction bars right away.