Khaos' RCSB Thread

Re: Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

:okay: I was figuring that would be the case. Gotta start saving for them now, and a rear sway bar.

Not now, no. I would like to do them eventually and add a 1" shackle out back for 4/7. Maybe next winter if I save enough...

chris, just make a set super cheap and easy,

get 4 of these http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.php?productid=362&cat=238&page=1

4 of these http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.php?productid=761&cat=233&page=1

some 1.25 tubing

and either make brakets or buy something like this http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.php?productid=1827&cat=236&page=1 mount 2 on the rear and 2 on the frame, then make your rod with the tubing.

if you can make everything, then it would be cheaper overall, but i sent links just for ideas.

Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

Good to hear, but I'll play it safe anyway.

Brandon, (or anyone really) question for ya: did you have any wheel hop before lowering the rcsb? And did lowering it (via rear flip) reduce/eliminate it?

Mine hops like crazy and I'm hoping the rear flip will reduce it some and keep me from getting traction bars right away.

mo powa=less wheel hop :cheeky:

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Bryan, yous a baws! Thanks man, that'll give me something to plan out when I'm not working on this :crazy:

And I know, tis an underpowered turd right now.

u7y8usym.jpg

And it begins. Plans are to have the bed off and the front apart today is all goes well!

It's like xmas is all week for me this year :happeh:

Less talk more work :imo:

:shake:

Not tell yet?

Sent telepathically via pit bull mind control!

I'm assuming you meant "done"?

And not yet! Progress so far: removed the bed and got the left front torn down. I only put about 2ish hours in taking my time. The bottom bj didn't want to let go of the spindle, so I battled that for a good 20 minutes.

Working on it all day til 5-6ish tomorrow so I should have some good progress made then too. I'll post up a few photos later.

When I did my left front the tre was stuck in the factory spindle and wouldn't come out so I had to take a sawzall to the spindle, unscrew the tre(still in the ear of the spindle) and replace it with a new one :lol:

Haha I haven't run into anything that fun yet, but I still have the right side to tackle tomorrow.

PB mobile is being a fgt, so I'll post off of flickr tomorrow. These should be good til then

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356147755944.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1356147755944.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356147779062.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1356147779062.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 41
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356147797715.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1356147797715.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 46

Thought about colormatching the mirrors or at least the caps? Would look tits either way

If anything my truck had wheel hop worse after the flip, these trucks are notorious for them.

Best solution is Caltracs. They make them spec'd to the nbs with a flip kit, and work fantastic.

Yah coat that frame with a nice solid rocker gaurd...you'll thank yourself
B7B26745-1804-4DB4-A107-80C42F2C5C5C-7593-000009CC85964D7B.jpg

Good work!

Thanks!

Thought about colormatching the mirrors or at least the caps? Would look tits either way

Whenever I get to paint, the mirrors and bumper plastics are getting cm'd. I don't have caps so the whole thing will be painted.

Greg & Brandon, I plan on cleaning the frame this week with the bed off, don't worry. And thanks for the input Brandon

Any reason why the lbj's on BOTH sides refuse to separate from the spindles? I know you drill out the rivets to remove them from the arm, but they won't detach from the spindles...I've used the fork tool and wedged it in there with a sledge and it won't pop off...just fruatrating as hell

Edit: got one. Stubborn ass things these are. I called it to my dad saying these would be the biggest pain :laugh:

Last edited:

Mine did the same thing but on the uppers, I ended up buying another one of those wedge tools and stacking them. Then beat the hell out of them and that's what got mine apart, ruined the bjs but I was replacing them anyway